Doesn't shut off if parking mode is off? Is something wrong?

JoeyS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have looked everywhere for the answer but can't seem to find the exact issue I'm experiencing.

I have a 522GW front & rear camera. I have had the dashcam for approx. 2 months and I have always had parking mode switched ON. I have been getting fed up with every time I close and open my car door or boot it triggers an event. The memory is becoming full of protected useless files.

So, I turned parking mode OFF and now when I leave the vehicle I noticed that the camera just stays on forever.

I have auto-off ON so I don't understand why the system isn't shutting down when no movement is detected & engine is off.

I have my dashcam connected to a switched live fuse. I can confirm this as the camera doesn't automatically charge when there is no power to the vehicle.

Any help I'd appreciate.

Cheers

Hello Joey,

Your hard wire kit is not on a switch live fuse, it's on a permanently live fuse. If the hard wire kit was on a switch live fuse, power would only be provided to the dashcam when the car's ignition was on. As the camera on has a small internal battery, the battery would be flat after 15 minutes and the camera would not turn on. As your camera is staying on indefinitely, it is definitely still being powered even when the ignition is off (permanently live).

Parking Mode will be triggered by any physical movement of the car, including doors opening and closing. To prevent a build-up of Protected Files, we highly recommend formatting the SD card every two weeks.

Going forward, you can either move the hard wire kit to a switch live fuse, or re-enable Parking Mode. The best way to identify a switch live fuse is to use a multi-meter.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Hi Millie,

Okay, thanks for your help with that.

I'll take a look and re-adjust it

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G 522GW 6
Back