Download/playback question

unpaidbill

Reaction score
Country
United States
First, my unit seems to be working great after upgrading the firmware. It now fills the card and loops :).

When I put the card in the computer to download and open the Registrator player I get the picture and data displayed...as long as the card is in the reader. When I take the card out and just look at the download I can still get the picture, but none of the GPS data. Does not the GPS data also download into the computer? Am I doing something wrong?

gps data is stored in ./gps/ folder

I can't locate that file. Am I downloading it improperly? I've been downloading it with Windows regular downloader.

You are talking about Windows explorer?
When you doubleclick the dashcams storage icon (in Windows explorer) you are in the root Directory. There should be Folders like "DCIM", "MISC", "gps"

I can't locate that file. Am I downloading it improperly? I've been downloading it with Windows regular downloader.

DashCamDrives.jpg

Don't you have something similar to the above screenshot from Windows Explorer ?

When the disc is computer, yes. When I download it, all that I find is the video. As long as the disc is inserted, I can get the GPS data. When the disc is removed, all I get from my hard drive is the video.

When the disc is computer, yes. When I download it, all that I find is the video. As long as the disc is inserted, I can get the GPS data. When the disc is removed, all I get from my hard drive is the video.

DashCamCopy.jpg

Um, but can't you simply Copy the entire contents of the Camera's SD card to your hard disk first ... and then run the Registrator application with the files now on your hard disk ? Or am I missing something ?

Thanks. I never tried that. I always just let it download from the card like it does when I'm downloading pictures. Next time I'll try the 'copy' command.

Back