mini 0801 video/gps playback sync problem

yy502

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I playback video/gps recordings with Registrator Viewer, it seems the video is about 10-15 seconds behind. Speed, etc. are all accurate.

So far I can tell because I go through a number of sharp turnings on my way home, so it's easy to align video/gps records. But I'm a little concerned that it may not be possible to clearly determine the offset for motorway recordings.

Do you have this issue? What's your solution?

Last edited:
You said it was a 0803, but you posted in the 0801 section. I only have 03 and am amusing you just posted in the wrong section

Are you using the latest version of Registrator Viewer? and what Firmware is on your Mini?

You said it was a 0803, but you posted in the 0801 section. I only have 03 and am amusing you just posted in the wrong section

Are you using the latest version of Registrator Viewer? and what Firmware is on your Mini?

Sorry. I meant 0801...

I'm using the latest Registrator Viewer and firmware v20140519 (came preloaded when I got my mini 0801 in Sep/2014)

Sorry. I meant 0801
I don't know much about the 0801 sorry.
Does the audio match okay? It's the GPS location in the program and where you really are that are off right?

I don't know much about the 0801 sorry.
Does the audio match okay? It's the GPS location in the program and where you really are that are off right?

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the video files (with audio) are just fine. When I play videos with GPS logs together, they are out of sync -- kinda like movie and subtitle are out of sync. They just need some shifting.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the video files (with audio) are just fine. When I play videos with GPS logs together, they are out of sync -- kinda like movie and subtitle are out of sync. They just need some shifting.

Hi yy502,

For elimination purposes, have you tried playing your videos in another application than " Registrator Viewer "?

If it's still the same try it on another PC / Laptop with "Registrator Viewer" running, this will at least point to the potential cause of the latency (lagging).

Are the two still out of sync if you play the video's in Windows Media Player

Just my two cents worth

John

Hi yy502,

For elimination purposes, have you tried playing your videos in another application than " Registrator Viewer "?

If it's still the same try it on another PC / Laptop with "Registrator Viewer" running, this will at least point to the potential cause of the latency (lagging).

Are the two still out of sync if you play the video's in Windows Media Player

Just my two cents worth

John

Thanks, John. I will try your suggestion and post updates here.

excuse my typo in the subject - it's Mini 0801

askNc6z.png

Trying with another video player or computer should fix your problem. The video player or computer you used probably could not handle the HD video.

Kelvin

Trying with another video player or computer should fix your problem. The video player or computer you used probably could not handle the HD video.

Kelvin
I don't have a Windows PC. I've been using virtual machine to run Windows, so that may be the problem! I'll try again when I find a PC with Windows installed. Cheers.

Back