Playback discrepancy with GPS

golfprorich

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am quite pleased with min 0801, quality of playback is good.

However, when I playback a .MOV file on the included software, the GPS 'playback' on the map does not match what is playing on the main screen.

Any ideas what could be the issue? The time on the screen is correct.

There will always be some discrepancy, how far out are you talking?

I checked a recording dated 8th December at 2am in the morning, the gps log that played was from the 6th around 4.30pm!!

Something wrong there, out by a few seconds or so sure, suggest as a starting point format the card then press the power button for about 10 seconds to do a soft reset then try it again

A thought I've just had is that the other day I cleared all the .mov files from the card when it was in the laptop, however I didn't clear the gps logs. I'm wondering whether this has caused wrong logs to be picked up on the playback? I've now cleared the gps log files so everything will start afresh, have to do a test run shortly and see what happens...

A thought I've just had is that the other day I cleared all the .mov files from the card when it was in the laptop, however I didn't clear the gps logs. I'm wondering whether this has caused wrong logs to be picked up on the playback? I've now cleared the gps log files so everything will start afresh, have to do a test run shortly and see what happens...

ok, this would definitely be the cause of your issue (why I suggested formatting the card), the files are just numbered, you delete the files and the camera just starts again, if you still had log files in place that would certainly have mucked with the results, I'm sure you'll be fine once you start with a clean card

I only thought of it once I had posted the thread o_O Sometime things don't appear obvious till you start talking aloud, so to speak!!

That was fun, I wondered if someone would actually do that. Thanks for sharing haha :) Glad everything is worked out now.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
yy502 Mini 0801 10
unpaidbill Mini 0801 7
Back