DR400g-HD II not working with Blue light blinking and constant

Get back on topic and stop the carry on. You inferred you wrote some of the link I posted End of story This is not helping the OP which is what we are here for

Ok. We still waiting Ricospot answer. No more ideas :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All, I have a Used DR300 and I have just got the blinking blue light did all the format and update as per Blackvue instruction but still nothing no boot up and no voice at all. Can anyone help please ?

Hi All, I have a Used DR300 and I have just got the blinking blue light did all the format and update as per Blackvue instruction but still nothing no boot up and no voice at all. Can anyone help please ?

Read through this thread and carefully follow the instructions found in the link to the problem

Have you got it running in a car or at home If at home you need a power supply that puts out at least 1 amp otherwise it wont work.

Has been proved before.

Hi, cam came like this when I bought it not done the battery removal trick yet. Do you think this is the fix ?

Thanks

Si

Hi, cam came like this when I bought it not done the battery removal trick yet. Do you think this is the fix ?

Thanks

Si

If you answer the above questions we may be able to help Saying it was like that when you bought it tells us nothing other than you may have bought a ruined camera

Just opened up the cam to disconnect battery there is not one inside that I can see

There is two versions of firmware for the 300 on page 5 &6 of the download section of Blackvue site. What did you do to "update" it and what firmware if any did you use.

If there is a battery it will be silver like in a ciggy packet with a gold top with two fine wires and will be situated across the body right beside the lens.

If you would like to answer my questions I will try to help.

If you don't want to I wont bother

Hi, the update I did is attached in an image , I fully formatted the scandisk 4g sd card 4 times now by doing a full overwrite using thier formater . The cam is then taken to the car and plugged into the caught lighter and the lights just flash blue. I can see the battery I think but if I try to take it out will the wires it's snap off?

Sorry for not replying to a your previous questions sooner if there is anything else you need to try to help me pleas ask.

Kind regards,

Simon
email is :- swt61@hotmail.con if you want it .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 5
The battery has a connector underneath the yellow part at the top, which is with the lens on the right of it. its very small and you need a pin to lever it up Just below the top of it It is similar to a fan connector on a computer motherboard. Just a lot smaller
I don't think that will help as all it does is retain a charge to enable the camera to complete a frame when the power goes off.

My 400 worked Ok when the battery died but just corrupted the last video.

The battery is retained with sticky tape and will pull bits of the board if not removed very carefully.

There is another very small button battery underneath which is maybe the one to disconnect. However I would be reluctant to remove that as its pretty fine tolerances to other items. I have had extensive soldering experience repairing Playstations and still wouldn't do it

The firmware you show is the correct and last one for a 300

Thanks all, the image is nothing like my cam mate, I am on way to work now but will upload images when I get home much later .

I really appreciate all you guys helping me

Si

Good morning, took the cam apart again here are the images attached. Cannot see a battery that can easily be removed without breaking a solder joint

Regards,

Simoncam 1.jpeg cam2.jpeg cam3.jpeg cam3.jpeg cam5.jpeg cam6.jpeg

Attachments

• cam4.jpeg
    cam4.jpeg
    35.8 KB · Views: 1
Hi, nothing plugged into the white socket next to the green capacitors mate

That's great many thanks :)
there is a tiny little silver round thing that looks like a battery but it will not slide out the flat piece on the top seems soldered or something to it to stop it falling out its the one in pic 6

regards,

Simon

Hi, How can I pm you Dave /

don't think I got enough posts to do it

Si

I don't think there's any restrictions on the PM (start a conversation) function, I get messages from members with zero posts on a regular basis, I think it's just the different terminology on this forum software that throws people off

Back