DR650GW-2CH

BlackVue DR650GW-2CH English firmware v1.007

cMfvVDt0.png
Thanks, it seems to have solved the rear camera problem. Been using it for 3 days now. :)

Thanks, it seems to have solved the rear camera problem. Been using it for 3 days now. :)
That's good to hear, I will probably update the one in my wife's car this weekend.

I also got a 2nd 2CH today which I will fit to my other daily driver, it's currently using the 1CH 650.

Oh boy....ran into problems after updating to firmware Ver1.007! The dash cam stops recording when the card's full. Plus I lost the voice prompt when shutting down even though I checked the app settings. I pressed and held the wifi button to format the card but the card's still full!

So, I'll try reverting back to Ver1.005 since I didn't have any problems until now.

Update - Cannot format/verify/repair the SD card so it might be the card issue. I'll try another card later to see if that is the problem.

Probably not since I don't have the previous firmware downloaded. I'll try to see if it's an SD card issue later.

UPDATE

The micro SD can was definitely corrupted since I could not write or reformat it anymore. I used disk utility to repair but came out with errors.

So I took the card from my GoPro, formatted it to FAT32, copied the new firmware, and loaded it to the cam.

So far so good. It's working. I see one minor problem is with the time. I did the correct time zone, America-New_York and time sync but it's still showing 5 hours ahead.

Any clues on how to fix this?

For me to get my time right required NOT using the time sync thing.. not sure what that feature does. WHY a GPS device needs to have the time set is beyond me.. It knows where it is.. how hard is it to figure out what time it is.

UPDATE

The micro SD can was definitely corrupted since I could not write or reformat it anymore. I used disk utility to repair but came out with errors.

So I took the card from my GoPro, formatted it to FAT32, copied the new firmware, and loaded it to the cam.

So far so good. It's working. I see one minor problem is with the time. I did the correct time zone, America-New_York and time sync but it's still showing 5 hours ahead.

Any clues on how to fix this?
For me, to change any setting I have to format the SD card and reinstall the firmware in the camera. For instance, if I want to change the time zone, camera res, etc. I cannot change it from the app or even from the card in the blackvue viewer application on my computer, I have to format the card, copy the Blackvue folder onto the card, and change the settings in the Blackvue viewer and THEN put the card into the camera. Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks for letting us know.

Any idea if I just can copy the config.ini to the new "version" - or must the settings be done through the software on the PC? If there is a new section or anything.

I prefer the wide angle of the 550. Are the camera swappable? Meaning, I can just remove the 650 and replace it with the 550? Keeping all the wires and hardware mount intact? And the rear camera from the 650 will work with the front cam of the 550 correct?

alexsoll, I hope you will tell us when it´s safe to upgrade to 2.0?

Thanks.

I hope you will tell us when it´s safe to upgrade to 2.0?
I lost interest in this brand (blackvue)
Now my attention entirely on the prospective brand Street Guardian. I absorbed this work.

I lost interest in this brand (blackvue)
Now my attention entirely on the prospective brand Street Guardian. I absorbed this work.

Out of interest @alexsoll why have you moved away from the blackvue brand? I guess this means no updates to custom FW?

Thank you alexsoll for your valued firmware.

I have installed your last version and will leave it that way for prosperity, thanks again.

Hello. Is it possible to use the dr750 rear camera to a dr650 set up?

Back