DR650S Rear Camera--- Can I face it forward..?

Over60

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
DR650S-2CH w/Power Magic Pro.
I've got the dr650 2ch camera and wondering if I can just rotate the rear camera forward and get a video of that grease monkey in my truck, while at the dealer's for service..!!

sone983

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Dash Cam
Yi dashcam,VIOFO WR 1
I think it could be possible.

hill

Reaction score
Country
United States
It might actually work better than facing backwards. Many rear windows are tinted dark, & some quite dark. So, whether facing forwards or backwards, visibility all turns on something quite logical - however much light is available for the camera to discern.

OP
Over60

Over60

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
While viewing other vids from my camera, I saw "rotate rear camera 180 deg." and that got me thinking...!! If I turn the camera to point forward, the video will be upside down....Therefore, the option in the viewer to Rotate it 180... makes sense, I guess....

I'm gonna try that to see how it goes and will report back...

John

hill

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes you have to flip the camera over in its mount - when you face it in the opposite direction.

OP
Over60

Over60

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
OK, "rotating" (just twisting it) the rear camera put me in England.... Damn, I was driving a right hand drive... hehe

To get proper video, you must remove the camera and re-insert it the other way....!!

You get good inside the truck video, but anything out the windshield was not useful....

This would be good for a cab driver or if you want a video of an "in-cab" party...!!