DR900X Plus says shutting down and restarting when it powers up

I had reformatted both cards via app in camera. Same thins, every so often as soon as it gets power it says powering down then restarting. I find it hard to believe it is the cards they are new SanDisk High Endurance cards and I have 3 cards and rotated each though each camera. Today I put SAMSUNG EVO Select Plus cards in and formatted in camera. We will see what happens. If this camera is this sensitive to brand and type of SD Card then it is not worth the price paid.

Maybe revert to previous firmware until issue is fixed

It has done it on every version and I have them and I have had each firmware version. Let's see if it does it with Samsung cards.

The ONLY way I was able to resolve this issue was to use the factory BlackVue SD Card. This is definitely a software issue that needs to be addressed ASAP.

The ONLY way I was able to resolve this issue was to use the factory BlackVue SD Card. This is definitely a software issue that needs to be addressed ASAP.

Forcing me to be a Cam branded SD card is a blatant money grab. I would not be surprised if the BV card is no better or maybe lesser quality than the Samsung or SanDisk unless it is their car microcoded and branded BV.

Forcing me to be a Cam branded SD card is a blatant money grab. I would not be surprised if the BV card is no better or maybe lesser quality than the Samsung or SanDisk unless it is their car microcoded and branded BV.

Just a thought but you stated you own two cars. I would presume you aren't transferring the Dr900X between vehicles and that each vehicle has it's own Front + Rear Dr900X setup?

1. Presuming each vehicle has its own setup, have you tried testing the problem cameras in the vehicle that works fine? To rule out a power issue with your 12V socket in the "problematic car".

2. If you do swap the same Dr900X between vehicles, with one working and the other not, I would again defer back to a power issue.

The goal here is to rule out the hardware itself. Doesn't sound like an SD card problem, but you could test the SD card from the working camera / vehicle into the problematic setup.

I have 2 cams, 1 in each car. I have the issue in both cars. I had 2 new SanDisk High Endurance and not have t2 Samsung. Only a few days and have not heard then restart yet, but it can take a week or so to happened. I am also wondering it it has to do with how full the card is. In the end they work, just annoying to have them restart/reboot occasionally right away.

I have 2 cams, 1 in each car. I have the issue in both cars. I had 2 new SanDisk High Endurance and not have t2 Samsung. Only a few days and have not heard then restart yet, but it can take a week or so to happened. I am also wondering it it has to do with how full the card is. In the end they work, just annoying to have them restart/reboot occasionally right away.

Ok, then I misunderstood. I thought one worked and the other did not. Being both of these cameras are exhibiting the same behavior, it is either an issue with the SD cards being used (incompatible) or a problem needing addressed by firmware. @BChoCRNA seems to allude to the issue being the SD card and the Blackvue card not having the issue.

Odds that both cameras are acting in the same manner is possible but very unlikely. I presume both are powered by the 12V socket and not a hardwire, correct?

Both are wired identica, to 12V accessory jack that gets powered when car starts and stays hot for a few minutes unless ca is locked then it shuts down right away.

Definitely a firmware issue. Prior to the v1.003 update I was using a brand new 128gb Samsung Pro Endurance without issue. After the update to v1.003 the reformat issue surfaced. I initially tried another new 128gb Samsung Pro Endurance possibly thinking the first Samsung SD failed without avail.

Some brands,,,,, Blackvue being one of them, seem to at least NOT do any work in regard to memory card compatibility, almost more seem like they go the other way around.
Most none fuzzy cameras, will work with just about any decent memory card you toss in it,,,,,, i know cuz the cameras i test i run over with my entire test suite of different memory cards, and if i get a negative result it is just one of the cards that dont work well.

I would always recommend testing SD cards to ensure they are real capacity if you are having memory card issues. Even reputable shops have had incidents of fake SD cards slipping into their supply lines in the past and online sellers seem to be the worst for it since they mix seller inventory and even one bad seller can poision the entire supply. I recommend using H2TestW to test SD capacity.

I would agree, except I always buy sold by/shipped by Amazon and with both Samsung and SanDisk cards doing same thing I am sure it is firmware or BV not supporting OEM cards.

This morning, I've been testing a SanDisk High Endurance 128 GB microSD card in a DR750X-2CH Plus camera running 1.006 firmware and a SanDisk Max Endurance 128 GB microSD card in a DR900X-2CH Plus camera running 1.003 firmware without any problems. Both dashcams are running the latest publicly available firmware version.

Both SanDisk microSD cards were empty when installed into their respective dashcam and each dashcam performed a format/initialization of the microSD card on the first power up after the microSD card was installed in that camera.

The DR750X-2CH Plus is currently installed in my car. I have it powered by a BlackVue B-112 dashcam battery pack using the car charger power adapter. I allowed the DR750X-2CH Plus to power up, run in normal recording mode for several minutes and then I removed the power by unplugging the car charger adapter from the B-112 battery pack to allow the super capacitor to power the graceful shutdown of the camera. I repeated this test five times and I did not encounter any problems.

I have the DR900X-2CH Plus powered through a BlackVue hardwiring harness and it's connected to a 12-volt power supply in my office which is setup to provide constant power and accessory/switched power for parking mode toggling. I powered up the DR900X-2CH Plus over 10 times. I powered up the dashcam, let it go into normal recording mode, waited about 2 minutes, toggled the accessory power to force it into parking mode and then I removed the power from the dashcam (at the power supply) to force a power down to have the super capacitor power the graceful shutdown of the camera. I did not encounter any problems.

I'll monitor both of the dashcams as I use them over the next couple of weeks to see if any problems occur with the non BlackVue microSD cards being used with them.

Not more than 5 minutes after I posted my previous reply, I found in the BlackVue app a notice about upgraded firmware for my DR750X-2CH Plus and the DR900X-2CH Plus.

In the DR900X-2CH Plus release notes for version 1.004 firmware, there's a note about "Fixed issue where the dashcam would format the microSD card upon startup".

Attachments

• bv_dr900x_plus_fw_1004.png
    bv_dr900x_plus_fw_1004.png
    172.7 KB · Views: 9
Not more than 5 minutes after I posted my previous reply, I found in the BlackVue app a notice about upgraded firmware for my DR750X-2CH Plus and the DR900X-2CH Plus.

In the DR900X-2CH Plus release notes for version 1.004 firmware, there's a note about "Fixed issue where the dashcam would format the microSD card upon startup".
Yes, I also noticed that there was a blue dot on the app indicating that new firmware is available, so I updated on both 900X Plus and 750X Plus, using WD Purple 256, and also tested Sandisk 256. Reformatting is fixed on both camera. I first started out with erasing and reinstalling firmware on desktop, but the version on their website is still 1.003 (900x) and 1.006 (750x). The new version is only available on over the air method. Tested shutting down and restarting, and recording footage stayed. So far so good.

The following updated firmware files are now available from the BlackVue website:

BlackVue DR750X-3CH Plus (v.1.002_2022.01.18)
BlackVue DR750X-2CH LTE Plus (v.1.002_2022.01.18)
BlackVue DR900X Plus (1CH/2CH) (v.1.004_2022.01.18)
BlackVue DR750X Plus (1CH/2CH) (v.1.007_2022.01.18)

WHAT’S NEW:​

1. Fixed issue where the dashcam would format the microSD card upon startup.
  2. Bug fixes and stability improvements.
※ Compatible software versions:
BlackVue App: Android v3.27 / iOS v3.27 and up.
BlackVue Viewer: Windows v3.08 / Mac v3.09 and up.
BlackVue Web Viewer (Cloud)

Important:​

Make sure to use the latest versions for the BlackVue Viewer and BlackVue App for full compatibility with this firmware version.

@hdkeith Did v.1.004_2022.01.18 fix your issues?

Samsung and SanDisk both did this on all version through 1.03. I just loaded 1.04 this week on both cams and will see what happens.

I am on 1.0.0.4 and my camera still has the restart bug when the SD gets full.

Back