DR970X Test & Review PP

Patiently on the edge of my seat waiting for the full review :)

Yeah, I'm still waiting to buy my first dash cam here so lets hope that March 6 is for Europe as well... otherwise my wife may find out my plans, and then utilise our money elsewhere. :(

Hi,

Anyone knows if you can use the same cabels from the 900X Plus series?

Yep, same cables and even the same rear cam.
Hi! Is the new BlackVue app working well for you? (Cloud connection.) It's a disaster for me, I can't access the camera through the cloud anymore, no matter how I add it again and do all the tricks that worked so far.

Hi! Is the new BlackVue app working well for you? (Cloud connection.) It's a disaster for me, I can't access the camera through the cloud anymore, no matter how I add it again and do all the tricks that worked so far.
It’s working fine for me on iOS. Are you using Android by chance? I saw a post about an Android user having issues with the app.

(edit- saw the wiring answer above after post.)

So far, I have found no reasonable or compelling reason to upgrade from DR900X (non-Plus) to the DR970X.

... so I ordered a new 970X anyway.

Questions: 1) is the front and rear mount the same? 2) will 900X wiring work with 970X? 3) is the rear camera the same?

I've already used my Blackvue to record being rear-ended, so, in my puny mind, they've saved my butt once and they're only getting better.

Great discussions and reviews! Keep it up!

Last edited:
BlackVue has a compatibility document for the DR900X Plus, but not one specifically for the DR970X yet. The DR900X Plus and DR970X are identical with regard to their mounts, wiring and rear camera compatibility so I'll point you towards the BlackVue DR900X Plus compatibility document.

1) is the front and rear mount the same?
The front and rear camera mounts are the same for the DR970X-2CH and the older DR900X-2CH

2) will 900X wiring work with 970X?
The DR970X and DR900X (non-plus) power and video cables are the same.

3) is the rear camera the same?
No, the rear cameras are not the same. The DR900X-2CH (non-plus) uses the RC100F rear camera while the DR900X-2CH Plus and DR970X-2CH use the RC110F rear camera. You must use the RC110F rear camera with the DR970X dash camera.

I justed watched @Vortex Radar video. I feel a little buyer's remorse now. The only thing the 970 wins at is a wider field of view.

(Edit purchase review) I purchased the DR970X-2CH directly from Blackvue. I paid for the 256GB* version with the LTE module (that I doubt I'd use) AND using a 10% online coupon. They're shipping directly free from S. Korea via DHL to the U.S. and expected about 5 calendar days. There are also options on Amazon; however, I couldn't enter a coupon code, but, it looks like a next day delivery.

I'm not including price because its different internationally.
*256GB version was almost retail 64GB retail price after coupon.

Last edited:
BlackVue has a compatibility document for the DR900X Plus, but not one specifically for the DR970X yet. The DR900X Plus and DR970X are identical with regard to their mounts, wiring and rear camera compatibility so I'll point you towards the BlackVue DR900X Plus compatibility document.

The front and rear camera mounts are the same for the DR970X-2CH and the older DR900X-2CH

The DR970X and DR900X (non-plus) power and video cables are the same.

No, the rear cameras are not the same. The DR900X-2CH (non-plus) uses the RC100F rear camera while the DR900X-2CH Plus and DR970X-2CH use the RC110F rear camera. You must use the RC110F rear camera with the DR970X dash camera.

You can check this one out: https://helpcenter.blackvue.com/hc/...-Compatibility-across-Different-Camera-Models

I justed watched @Vortex Radar video. I feel a little buyer's remorse now. The only thing the 970 wins at is a wider field of view.
There's a lot of things @Vortex Radar mentioned at the end which will be covered in another video, including parking modes, app functionality and cloud connectivity. Since you already have a 900X and were happy enough with it to go for the 970X, I suspect you might be happy with the 970X too.

I upgraded from the A139 to the A139 Pro and initially felt buyer's remorse too, mainly over HDR and motion blur, but I'm beginning to accept that the benefits probably outweigh the disbenefits overall.

You're right. I am happy with the 900X. I'm more of a 'set and forget'. So much so, I don't even see the front camera. I think my reason(s) are more of: dashcam should be latest and greatest ... umm ... it's cool ... no wife ... Really, I got nothing. Zero reasons. Purely consuming.

Something I didn't read or see: Blackvue will "probably" issue a new firmware to address @rcg530 @Vortex Radar @Panzer Platform awesome reviews.

There's a lot of things @Vortex Radar mentioned at the end which will be covered in another video, including parking modes, app functionality and cloud connectivity. Since you already have a 900X and were happy enough with it to go for the 970X, I suspect you might be happy with the 970X too.

I upgraded from the A139 to the A139 Pro and initially felt buyer's remorse too, mainly over HDR and motion blur, but I'm beginning to accept that the benefits probably outweigh the disbenefits overall.

Back