dride 4K no sound quality

Made adjustments and recorded new video today.
Hands NOT up in the air

Hands NOT up in the air

Have you made any attempt at contacting Deride about your results? If not, you really should. And send them this footage too!

On a brilliantly sunny day like this even a crappy camera should perform better than this. Oh wait! I guess I'd have to say the Deride is a crappy camera at this point. It might win an award as the most expensive crappy camera on the market!

P.S. How well do the camera's other functions work so far?

That's absurd Nigel ! You are apparently suggesting that because the Deride was developed with cloud sharing features in mind it's OK that they have produced a very expensive camera that creates virtually unusable quality video that can't even come close the image quality of a tiny $66.00 FPV/dash cam. Even if the Mobius imaging wasn't quite as good as it is, it's a travesty.
It seems to be a trend in internet connected dashcams.

I've no idea why it needs to be that way, but it seems the developers that are keen on cloud capabilities have little interest in image quality, while those that are interested in image quality have little interest in cloud features. Maybe we need a Blue Sky button instead of the Cloud button?

Hands NOT up in the air

I can tell from the thumbnail that you have gone backwards :eek:

So, does that most important feature - the cloud button - do anything interesting?

I dont know i have not invested in a second SIM card, and TBH i dont think i will even if that was the plan to this way try a smart camera, but everything are so immature its not really worth it.
As i gather from reading their forum, that part also do not work

Ill try and capture a video of the APP, you will not be blown away by its complexity.

It seems to be a trend in internet connected dashcams.

I've no idea why it needs to be that way, but it seems the developers that are keen on cloud capabilities have little interest in image quality, while those that are interested in image quality have little interest in cloud features. Maybe we need a Blue Sky button instead of the Cloud button?

I can tell from the thumbnail that you have gone backwards :eek:

So, does that most important feature - the cloud button - do anything interesting?

With many of these new advanced features we are seeing in dash cams, it only reinforces my faith in basic cameras that have a few useful and essential features and fewer bells and whistles. This is why I've stuck with the A119 V3, two of which have been running in my vehicle without any glitches whatsoever for well over three years now while offering excellent and more than adequate 2K performance. These along with 3 Mobius cameras (one of which is 2K) in my vehicle offer a remarkable level of reliability and quality imaging performance that over the years has been somewhat hard to achieve with dash cams. Another issue I've noticed is that the newer breed of cameras are increasingly fussy about what memory cards they will accept.

I do fear that general features, might suffer when brands star to wrangle with smarts in dashcams.

I dont know i have not invested in a second SIM card,
Should be able to connect to the internet through your phone, or through your car's wifi hotspot, if your car had one. Second SIMs should only be needed for if you want an internet connection when you are nowhere near the car, but of course then you would not be able to test the Cloud Button anyway!

With many of these new advanced features we are seeing in dash cams, it only reinforces my faith in basic cameras that have a few useful and essential features and fewer bells and whistles. This is why I've stuck with the A119 V3, two of which have been running in my vehicle without any glitches whatsoever for well over three years now while offering excellent and more than adequate 2K performance. These along with 3 Mobius cameras (one of which is 2K) in my vehicle offer a remarkable level of reliability and quality imaging performance that over the years has been somewhat hard to achieve with dash cams. Another issue I've noticed is that the newer breed of cameras are increasingly fussy about what memory cards they will accept.
Some of the new features are good to have, if they are done right. I would definitely miss the voice notifications if they were removed from Viofo's dashcams, but then having to listen to the Thinkware voice notifications would require a sledge hammer to shut the thing up! Memory cards are definitely causing more issues as the number of channels increases, I think it is inevitable that some of the highly specified ones will not be able to handle the data rate and heat simultaneously, but it does give an opportunity for the card brands to make themselves a good reputation, or bad as the case may be.

I do fear that general features, might suffer when brands star to wrangle with smarts in dashcams.
Some brands will get it wrong, others will get it right, and right generally means keeping it simple.

Some of the new features are good to have, if they are done right.

I would agree. This is why I like the A119 series cameras because they do offer an array of useful modern features (depending on the model) like parking modes, voice notifications, wifi, etc., but at their heart they are still basic dash cameras optimized for quality video captures and reliability while avoiding the more esoteric bells & whistles that seem to cause so many issues these days.

@kamkar You seem to be quite experienced already with the Dride4k. Thsnk you for all the extra development and testing you are doing. I feel like overall, it may find its way to the company and result in a better product! I'm hopeful, because the product, from my brief testing thus far, is just substandard at best.

I just received mine (kickstarter backer 3959). Had a simple question and cant quite sort it out. Documentation is insanely poor as you are aware.

How can I access the area where the memory and sim cards go? It seems like it may be underneath the mount clip portion, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to remove the clip.

I've tried manipulating it up, down, and lightly twisted, but I am afraid if I use more force I may break it.

Thanks for any assistance!

Welcome to the forum bguild.

Well i have been around dashcams for over a decade now, and spent all together too much time in here, but its okay, i am early retired for health reasons so got plenty of spare time.

Yes the memory card and the SIM card go on the back of the camera, there you will find a hole with print on the bottom of the orientation of the cards.
You them put the card down there on the bottom and slide it into the slit at the end, i assume it is why the dride have 2 " crowbars " supplied, the small one are to poke the memory / SIM card into those slots.
I have not yet put a SIM card in mine, not sure if i ever will even if i came to the dride to cheaper get to sample a smart dashcam

Yes the thin / flimsy mount to take some force to get off / on, i have noticed it is a bit annoying to slide on in my car VS what i have been used to with other cameras that more or less use the same mounting system.
You should pull at the camera ( lens ) end of the housing and on the other end of the mount, when installed on the windscreen and the camera are not on the mount, you put the camera on the 4 prongs, and then slide it down 1/8 inch or so ( not a lot of travel on the locking mechanism )

The way the mount work is 4 L shaped prongs, that slide into a track narrow at one end so it can not fall off, so its a up / down thing - lengthwise of the camera.

PS: if you want to hit me up some more, just click my avatar and select " start conversation " then its just you and the person + the person will get a notification when you engage / write something.

I will go to the range / my friends house now, so i will not be back before tonight, which is about 10 hours from now, i need to find my quiet spot behind the rifle ( air rifle )

So, I have a little update about my alleged super-capacitor failure. There was nothing wrong with it and it is now back in the camera and still cranking away after nearly ten years.

In the meantime, I also put my old Samsung EVO 128GB card back in the camera after doing a complete low level format using SD Card Formatter.

The card worked fine for two days but now it has failed completely and the Mobius camera shows a solid red LED to indicate this. The brand new SanDisk High Endurance 128 GB card is back in the camera and all is well now for both recording and date and time.

In hindsight, I realized that I should have known that there was nothing wrong with the super-capacitor in the first place :facepalm: ...but I got distracted by the loss of the ability the keep the date & time which I now understand is more related to the memory card on the Mobius that I thought.

The reason I should have suspected that nothing was wrong with the super-capacitor is that despite losing the date & time repeatedly the camera always saved the last file at shutdown, thus indicating that the supercap was still holding a charge and working as it should. The only other time I had a failed super-capacitor in a Mobius it was not saving the last file at shut-down and that was the sign that alerted me to the problem.

Last edited:
Hi Guys, We've made improvements to sound quality on v1.27, please let me know if that fixed your issue.

Not had time to look at that yet. but i think i can find the time / remember to do this soon

Back