Driver's window cop watching camera

You might be able to install a pair of B1W cameras (or some other tube camera) back-to-back or somewhere near the rear view mirror, with the barrel pointing down the windshield so the lens looks across the inside of the windshield towards the side windows. Even better, use smaller remote cameras like the K2S, SG9663DR, or the "rear" cameras that come with dual channel setups. If you just want to record who is at the window, the horizon doesn't have to be level.

You could probably get a decent view with a Mobius stuck directly to the windshield, aimed towards the side door/window.

A dashcam that can do that ( cover both side windows by turning it ) is a tall order, you will probably have to look at the ones that "dangle" from the windscreen on a stalk ( which often have a ball joint )
But even then you can get into problems as if you have the camera to one side of the mirror or a sensor array housing on the windscreen, it might be obscured for filming the other side.
Personally as i have my phone in a dock ( off fixed glass on driver side door ) i would just use its camera if i had to, and it can be turned to cover the other side.

My problem is i dont like people hovering over me, so when i get pulled over i get out of my car,,,,,, which is totally fine to do here in Denmark
It is recommended here to film interactions with Danish police as they sadly have become terrible bad, not even knowing extremely basic laws in out constitution and code.

I am happy getting a shot of them approaching and then have audio from the camera.
There is no doubt i will be able to identify these 2 guys i met some years ago ( i dont get pulled over very often )

EDIT : Pardon my manners,,,,, Welcome to the forum Rivertender

Writing here to thank you for your gracious "Welcome" to the site. Also, writing only now because during a road-trip from FL to NJ only days after I posted here, wife and I got Covid. Wife had a fever 1 day and was done. Me? 4 weeks of weight loss, shortness of breath (was pneumonia), 25% energy, fever-chills, no appetite, foul taste but not loss of taste, blowing in and out of a lung exerciser and disciplined laying on the couch for weeks trying to rest and get better. I am thinking Delta. I am also thinking my inability to access Ivermectin is a function of Pharma's drooling eagerness to eliminate competition for their vax shots and now for their newly announced therapeutic drug which is estimated to be 700.00 against WHO's recommended remedy, Ivermectin (not horse medicine, but winner of the Nobel prize in 2015 as a human drug), which is 7 cents.............but I digress.

Law enforcement has become a tangible threat to citizens. The "Protect and Serve" written on lots of cop cars is both a cruel joke and there to make you feel good. A number of posts here mention never having been pulled over, so what is the worry? Cops are omnipotent and free from virtually ANY regulation, so you are at the mercy of their mood or the impression you make on them when they approach you or being near the end of their shift and now they have to write you up or, finally, their quota for the month. The side window dash or in car cam is a small piece of possible protection from bad behavior.

A dashcam that can do that ( cover both side windows by turning it ) is a tall order, you will probably have to look at the ones that "dangle" from the windscreen on a stalk ( which often have a ball joint )
But even then you can get into problems as if you have the camera to one side of the mirror or a sensor array housing on the windscreen, it might be obscured for filming the other side.
Personally as i have my phone in a dock ( off fixed glass on driver side door ) i would just use its camera if i had to, and it can be turned to cover the other side.

My problem is i dont like people hovering over me, so when i get pulled over i get out of my car,,,,,, which is totally fine to do here in Denmark
It is recommended here to film interactions with Danish police as they sadly have become terrible bad, not even knowing extremely basic laws in out constitution and code.

I am happy getting a shot of them approaching and then have audio from the camera.
There is no doubt i will be able to identify these 2 guys i met some years ago ( i dont get pulled over very often )

EDIT : Pardon my manners,,,,, Welcome to the forum Rivertender

Also, your video makes me think a rear view cam is pretty helpful. BTWay, your cops use Benz (Mercedes}? Wow. Doge Charger is the choice here.

Hehe yeah the police do not pay the 200 % tax on cars like normal people do ( you be hard pressed to find a country where cars are more expensive to buy - own and fuel ,,,, any Dane would kill for the dirt cheap American gasoline prices )
Unmarked cars like the one in the video can be anything, also lesser cars like a mini van, the marked cars are also in a few flavors.

In the old days before Denmark became a democracy, the police was considered as the kings gang, and it was manned by violent thugs, i also think that today the Danish police have a serious problem with their MO.
They surely are not " for the people",,,,, and that is also a huge embarrassment for a person like me, for sure i would not be able to be a policeman.
It take 2.5 years here to become a policeman ( basic training ) and i think a while more to be a full blown cop, there are also some demands that must be fulfilled, you cant just walk in and join the "club"

Regarding rear cameras, they yes they are highly needed i think for Americans living in 1 plate states, if you are hoping for a plate capture in regular traffic.

PS. regarding my video, you can see the police man ready his pistol as he pass behind my car,,,,,,, this is a result of the insane people that we have allowed into our country, Denmark do not have pistols ASO in circulation aside for in and among hardcore criminals where it is pretty normal, it is absolutely illegal for a strait up honest citizen to be armed / have any arm, aside for hunting, and many people have also gone that route, and so they passed a law where you have to pass a test every year to keep your hunting license & weapons ( rifle - shotgun )

Democracy in its current form here, but also elsewhere i think is flawed, but i do like the basic idea of the old Greeks, just we have gone so far from that.

PPS: sorry to hear about you and that damn bug, i have passed strait thru it and gotten my 2 shots too, and will probably get offered a 3 booster shot soon.
I dont know of any that have had the bug, my friend which are also a older guy and him being in the high risk catagory due to a string of heart attacks some years ago, but he is not vaccinated.

Last edited:
It is wise to protect oneself from any foreseeable danger or problem. And not wishing to get political, anyone who has been keeping up with the most recent court cases and rulings in the US would have to be brain-dead to not see that the Cops can now do nearly anything they want to with near-total impunity. Therefore it is only wise to have something going for you should an encounter with them go bad. Also recommend those interested to see the Side-facing cam thread on DCT as some of this subject is covered there too.

Phil

Hehe yeah the police do not pay the 200 % tax on cars like normal people do ( you be hard pressed to find a country where cars are more expensive to buy - own and fuel ,,,, any Dane would kill for the dirt cheap American gasoline prices )
Unmarked cars like the one in the video can be anything, also lesser cars like a mini van, the marked cars are also in a few flavors.

In the old days before Denmark became a democracy, the police was considered as the kings gang, and it was manned by violent thugs, i also think that today the Danish police have a serious problem with their MO.
They surely are not " for the people",,,,, and that is also a huge embarrassment for a person like me, for sure i would not be able to be a policeman.
It take 2.5 years here to become a policeman ( basic training ) and i think a while more to be a full blown cop, there are also some demands that must be fulfilled, you cant just walk in and join the "club"

Regarding rear cameras, they yes they are highly needed i think for Americans living in 1 plate states, if you are hoping for a plate capture in regular traffic.

PS. regarding my video, you can see the police man ready his pistol as he pass behind my car,,,,,,, this is a result of the insane people that we have allowed into our country, Denmark do not have pistols ASO in circulation aside for in and among hardcore criminals where it is pretty normal, it is absolutely illegal for a strait up honest citizen to be armed / have any arm, aside for hunting, and many people have also gone that route, and so they passed a law where you have to pass a test every year to keep your hunting license & weapons ( rifle - shotgun )

Democracy in its current form here, but also elsewhere i think is flawed, but i do like the basic idea of the old Greeks, just we have gone so far from that.

PPS: sorry to hear about you and that damn bug, i have passed strait thru it and gotten my 2 shots too, and will probably get offered a 3 booster shot soon.
I dont know of any that have had the bug, my friend which are also a older guy and him being in the high risk catagory due to a string of heart attacks some years ago, but he is not vaccinated.
Oh boy, have you articulated the problems we face, here in the U S and abroad.

You are correct.....there is no democracy anymore. It is beyond flawed and we here in the U S are living in a full blown oligarchy, but with democratic window dressing to give the appearance of a democracy. I can't believe you reference the Greek origins of democracy because I have often ended a YouTube comment/criticism I am making with the following, " The Greeks had a good idea, but the wheels fell off."

The King's Gang. I like how that is colorfully descriptive.

You mention the benefit to one plate states of a rear view camera. I never thought of that and I am in Florida.........a one plate state. Thanks for a good point.

We did not get the vax and, of course now having had Covid, our Nature generated immunity is 27 times more effective than Pharma products and appears to be a lifetime immunity.........but it was a rough road to get over the "bug" and accomplish the protection.

Can you tell me again how you use your phone to shoot sideways at the passenger window? You mentioned a holder on the window? If the passenger window, does that not impede the window from going up and down? I am sure I have misunderstood your note about that.

Yeah with 1 plate, and i think most often in the back, a front camera alone are useless against any oncoming car then, a rear camera would give you a fighting chance at least.
Though you guys are hampered in the fact that it seem like US license plates are not supposed to be easy readable, the EU plates are much more easy to deal with, though even here you often miss a plate, and for that to happen it dont have be the dead of night on a rural highway.
There are technical limitations to all dashcams in the hardware they use.
The good thing is a front camera, pretty much no matter how cheap hardware it is made off, will log your driving all the time and in most conditions, so if you drive nice, then what ever happen off camera cant really be your fault.
So that in itself will fend off many a outrageous claim made against you.

Yes i have my phone mounted off a small piece of fixed glass on the driver side door, so i think turning it on with the selfie camera recording it should be able to get a good look at anyone at the door.
Though my setup are a bit stiff so it cant be aimed much more than parallel with the glass but i can angle it upwards a few degrees too, other more flexible mounts might be better.
My phone holder are made up of a Brodit universal holder that is then mounted to the main parts of the holder that came with my Samsung galaxy 2 phone back in the day.

This Samsung dock look like a modern version of the one i have / more streamlined.

iu

I then ripped off the original "tray" as it was way too small for my modern larger phone, and also USB mini VS the USB C on the new phone, but the Brodit universal dock covered all that.
The 2 parts are then glued together, so the adjustable ball joint are still functional.

This is a pic of a car like mine, you can see the little fixed glass on the very front of the front doors, similar there is a little on the rear doors too, this is where i have mounted my side facing dashcams.
In the front the dock do not impede view to the mirror, you look at that thru the main glass,,,,,, TBH i dont know why they put a piece of glass there, would have been cheaper to just do metal.

iu

I will see if i can remember to snap a picture of the dock on my door tomorrow, and do a test recording with the selfie camera.

Last edited:
May 5 1872 what is known as "the battle on the common" here, the kings gang ( the police aided by hussars ) go berserk on about 1000 workers gathered to protest.

iu

74 hussars and 23 police got injured, no telling how many workers ( protesting for the right to 8 hours work - 8 hours leisure time and 8 hours sleep ) was injured, no one was killed, which back then was not uncommon when the police threw it down.
Actually back in those days Denmark often deported criminals and often to the US on a 1 way ticket, god so bad the US even launched a formal protest over this matter.

I know things like this cuz i am the son of one of the foremost commies in the country,,,, back when Danes was stupid enough to vote for those idiots.
The current government here are lead by social democrats,,,,, which IMO are just a name for house trained commies, turn your back to them and they will soil your house in no time.

PS: i am not conservative either, those are as guilty as any in the problems we have today, but should not have if government the past 50 - 60 years had been any good.

I'm not paranoid about Police encounters, but I've wound up in trouble three times because of liars, collusion, and stupid Cops and that was what put the fire under my butt to get a dashcam. That's led to several cams with more planned and always at least one (usually more) covering driver and passenger windows. It really shouldn't be necessary but it is :( One of the largest dashcam reviewers on YouTube specifically states if a cam can be turned to cover the drivers window in every review now, and it's become part of his criteria for 'ranking' dashcams. The new Viofo T130 has it's cabin cam specifically designed to do this. The B2W is another good one for this purpose. The market demand is there and that wouldn't happen without a reason. America is in deep trouble over the Courts not following the stated principles of our Constitution regarding personal rights and restrictions on what Law Enforcement may do and not do, and any possible advantage you can get is one you should take :cool:

Phil

I would not bother with a "cop" dashcam, but if one give me flack i will immediately whip out my phone, and i would probably also place myself strategically in regard to running cameras in my car.
I would prefer to focus my energy on fixing this unfortunate problem we have gotten into,,,,, or rather support others that will, cuz due to me absolutely not liking to compromise with most things, politics are not a place i can move.
But i think i would make a excellent dictator, the first thing i would do for sure is to give the law abiding people the means to topple or resist me if i go crazy.
I would also exclude myself from any control over the armed forces of my country.

But i think i would make a excellent dictator, the first thing i would do for sure is to give the law abiding people the means to topple or resist me if i go crazy.
I would also exclude myself from any control over the armed forces of my country.
If you really want to be a dictator I think you may need to study up on how authoritarianism works since you are more or less describing a democracy, especially the part about law abiding citizens having the right to overthrow you if they don't like the way you are running the country. :smuggrin:

well i cant hand firearms to hooligans and criminals. :) but everyone else,,,,, come get em while they are hot.
I do also think i will be unpopular with a lot of folks here, the bleeding heart kind that would gladly sacrifice our way of life for some one to improve theirs.

I will take that English cab driver as my co dictator,,,,,, locking yourself in your car with a suicide bomber,,,,,, thats brass balls right there.

Here is a bit of footage as promised.

A phone dock with more flex than mine will probably be needed, both if mounting on door like i have, or in the middle of the dash, to be able to cover both avenues of "attack" on your car doors.
Also i found out my phone do stop the recording if i minimize the camera APP, i have no idea if a setting change will prevent that, maybe it is also good a cop can see himself getting recorded.

First a video of my DIY / Hack phone dock, and then a simulation of a approach on the driver door as seen by my phone.

Back