Driving Across Coachella Valley and Colorado Desert, Toward Joshua Tree National Park

hanstj

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Insta360 One R 1-Inch Edition, Sony HDR-PJ540
This journey begins at the eastern edge of San Gorgonio Pass Wind Farm toward the south entrance of Joshua Tree National Park.

Last edited:
THX for the ride along M8. :)

Our E45 and E20 cant hold a candle to I10

This is the avarage look when you drive on E45, this is a little North of my home town Randers.

Easy to see Denmark is the country in the world that have the largest area of it beeing farmed in a intense manner. ( 70% )

https://www.google.dk/maps/@56.5177...m4!1e1!3m2!1syHG48O-SLxfkr_94hyA-RA!2e0?hl=da

And thanks for watching :)

I have been wondering. Those Exx freeways belong to international network of freeways in Europe as whole, am I right? What about local freeways? Is each country assigned a certain letter A, B, C, etc for their freeway names?

The major E roads is spread over EU and allso called Europe roads, actually i did think myself that the roads had individual numbers in each country, but i have just been looking at google maps and "our" E 45 ends wayyy down in Italy actually on the island sicily at a town called Gela.
And E45 go way North too, i expected it to end in Northern Jutland at a town called Fredrikshavn, but it seem like the road take the ferry to Sweden as it continue over there and end way north at the Sweden / Finland border.
All in all E45 is 4,998 km (3,106 mi) long.

Here the E is just used on our largest and fastest roads, motorway / freeway / controlled access highway ( 110 - 130 km/h )
We have 5 E roads here in Denmark, the sign for them is green with white lettering and a white edge.
200px-Tabliczka_E45.svg.png

Our smaller highways / primary routes allso have numbers, for instance here around my home town Randers we have route 16 - 46 and 21, the speedlimit on the smaller highways is 80 km/h in general.
We have about 40 primary numbered routes, the sign is yellow background and black lettering and frame, nornally these are 1 lane in each direction, divided with a white line in the mittle of the road.
Like all other it can allso figure on a information sign like this, turn Right onto route 8 with 36 km to the town of Tønder.
images

We allso have secondary route numbers, these are like the primary route signs but with whire background, we have about 150 of those, normally just 1 road not having a center line dividing it into 2 sepearte lanes.
it can allso figure on a information sign like this. ( 3 digit or O1 / O2 indicating a road that bypass a major town, we allso call O roads "ring roads" as they are normally circular in shape )
220px-Sekund%C3%A6rrute_209_skilt.JPG

I might be messing up with the US / English roadnames, here the fastest roads is called motorvej in Danish, and the smaller highways Landevej ( vej meaning road in Danish )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_E-road_network

Last edited:
The US Interstate highway system is kind of interesting in some ways. I remember reading something years ago about how every interstate could also function as emergency runways (airstrips) so any attackers wouldn't possibly be able to take out all our airfields - because the interstate system was being planned after WWI or at/near the beginning of WWII. Other things, like how all odd-numbered interstates always run (primarily) north-south, and even-numbered ones go east-west. and how I-45 is the one of the only ones that's completely contained within one state (and thus should be called "intrastate" not "interstate". and 3-digit interstates are loop/bypass roads to connect to other major highways and bypass city traffic.

That said, the parts of I-10 I've driven (somewhere west of San Antonio, TX, to the middle of Florida's panhandle) are pretty dull and boring. straight, flat roads, with an occasional manmade hill to go over/under another road or highway. Perhaps the only interesting parts of the eastern half of I-10 are in Louisiana - the Atchafalaya Swamp Freeway bridge (which i found this youtube video of it). Then maybe the Mississippi River and Lake Charles bridges, which isn't really exciting except that each is probably one of the tallest structures for 100 miles because of the large ships that have to pass below them all the time.

...and if you think Atchafalaya (pronounced uh-CHAFF-uh-LIE-yuh) is a weird name, there's a river in Mississippi called the Tchoutacabouffa. It's pronounced choo-tuh-kuh-BUFF-uh. In case you couldn't tell, both names are Native American.

Last edited:
Well if it was me that won the 371 million last night, i will be over shortly ( next summer ) to tour those interstates for some months and find / buy a little american history to take with me home ( cars ), and offcourse have a closer look at the US, and meet some fellow dashcam users :cool:

First up would be to visit jokiin and his country, not least as its summer down there right now :D

Well if it was me that won the 371 million last night, i will be over shortly ( next summer ) to tour those interstates for some months and find / buy a little american history to take with me home ( cars ), and offcourse have a closer look at the US, and meet some fellow dashcam users :cool:

First up would be to visit jokiin and his country, not least as its summer down there right now :D

And don't forget sliding down a mountain in your soapbox car :D:p

That too, but sadly it was a German who ran with all the mony :confused:

Back