Driving in Essex: Volume 1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This has been knocking around for a while, just hadn't posted it in here yet. Volume 2 is in the works with a much bigger budget so expect some more flashy intros... anyway.

Sorry if you're not English, this will no doubt annoy you (like some 'foreign' users on Reddit who gave me some lovely comments in /r/dashcam)

It's amazing. I'm not in any of them! I'll have to up my game ;)

Well, what i got from this is that you are aggressive driver and you take everything personally, stepping on gas and horn as a revenge.
I think it's only a matter of time when you have contact, try to relax in traffic man.

Well, what i got from this is that you are aggressive driver and you take everything personally, stepping on gas and horn as a revenge.
I think it's only a matter of time when you have contact, try to relax in traffic man.

Lol no it's not a 'revenge' act. Essex drivers are lazy, and self centered. They drive around, rushing everywhere as they are the most important car on the road - outer London complex?

Obviously these are just clips that I have caught; in my GF's car, or before having a camera this happened regularly.

I do not see any harm in making someone aware of their pony driving habits with a little horning or else they continue driving oblivious... Like the woman in the first clip, the guy in the middle of the road near the end etc..

In situations like that there is already one ass,
are you quite sure you want to multiply ass count to two,
that is the point.

In situations like that there is already one ass,
are you quite sure you want to multiply ass count to two,
that is the point.

I don't understand what you're meant to do then? Oh, they nearly just took my front end off. Drive off as nothing happened. Why not use your horn in that situation? :confused:

I don't understand what you're meant to do then? Oh, they nearly just took my front end off. Drive off as nothing happened. Why not use your horn in that situation? :confused:
Horn is ok, but like in first event you accelerated right back to bmw's bumper, that is unnecessary aggressive move.
I just get feeling that you are always mad on the road waiting somebody to make you even more mad, that will give you a heart attack some day.

Horn is ok, but like in first event you accelerated right back to bmw's bumper, that is unnecessary aggressive move.
I just get feeling that you are always mad on the road waiting somebody to make you even more mad, that will give you a heart attack some day.

Not mad just pre-emptive, I always expect something to happen, someone to not look and pull out etc etc. I am always on my guard when driving as I am driving for everyone else.

the horn I understand, what's the big head for?

Big head?

And the small head floating around, and the music video with the bloke crying ?

one of those cringeworthy shows I take it

Indeed! Unfortunately, British TV is flooded with what I can only describe as "cretins' life for cretins by cretins" shows ... anything smart or funny gets cancelled pretty sharpish, or worse, dumbed down to pander to the increasingly retarded audience ...

I think TV here is probably much the same, to be totally honest I might get to see an hour of TV each month, anytime I've turned it on there's nothing worth watching anyway

I think TV here is probably much the same, to be totally honest I might get to see an hour of TV each month, anytime I've turned it on there's nothing worth watching anyway
So true.
As I've said many times to my wife, "We've got 225 channels and there's nothing worth watching".

So true.
As I've said many times to my wife, "We've got 225 channels and there's nothing worth watching".
Yep, if it wasn't for Discovery Channel, Science Channel and sports I probably wouldn't even own a TV. (I would miss The Big Bang Theory however. :( )

Back