Driving in Essex: Volume 1

Well anyway, you understand its a joke right?
Actually, not easy to comprehend, when one has no idea who those faces are, and why they are obscuring an otherwise interesting dashcam footage.
Not to mention an unknown (to me) chap having a psychotic episode ... that caused me to stop watching the clip, to be honest.:rolleyes:

Actually, not easy to comprehend, when one has no idea who those faces are, and why they are obscuring an otherwise interesting dashcam footage.
Not to mention an unknown (to me) chap having a psychotic episode ... that caused me to stop watching the clip, to be honest.:rolleyes:

Oh well fair enough then. I was trying something different. I personally find it more interesting to mix it up, add some humour, and at the same time learn editing in After Effects and Premiere. Watching video after video of no audio, overly long unedited clips does get tiring, even if the footage is good!

LOL ... my old professor used to say that, a good cinematographer must be a virtuoso of special effects, and never be tempted to use them ... that was long before the digital era though :)

Not going to lie, your driving is bizarre and the need to rev their engine and speed off into another lane is dangerous. People make mistakes, I get that but slamming your horn on, revving your engine and flashing all the lights you possibly can at the same time isn't going to achieve anything. I get the whole point of the Essex thing, but yes it's annoying and I'd prefer just a video.

Reading above and looking back at my post, you question what you're meant to do?
You know, I was the same. I didn't do what you do but I used to utter under my breath along the lines of "for f sake what was the point" but ever since someone at work told me the story about how they watched someone close die in a car accident and how they let people get on with their mistakes, it's their problem in the end of the day. If they hit you, then it's your problem but until then I'd ignore it. Sure they almost took your bumper off but you're only aggravating the situation which you could just 'name and shame' them and make yourself look like the better person rather than acting crazy.

I do see the mistakes people have made as being 'major issues' in some of the clips although the reaction in some is OTT. 'Keep calm and carry on' comes to mind.

Reading your profile it almost makes sense, accidents are caused by driving like this. I'm not even as old as you, I don't drive anything like this.

For example I have a video there's a van and car braking reasonably close on a national speed limit... but I don't horn or anything I just drop back and give them room.

Last edited:
Back