Driving using Manker U21 as headlights

Extreme driving experience.

Hahahahhaha...you are gonna get yourself killed:p
Notice:Kids don't try this at home:)

A am more inclined to think about what the cops would say if they saw me drive like this :p

I think that flashlight is brighter than the headlights.
Replace those crappy headlights with two flashlights. ;)

A am more inclined to think about what the cops would say if they saw me drive like this :p
They will arrested you at once and send you for some observation...

Though popular by kids here and adults not yet figured out they are no longer kids, replacing your headlights with something else are not allowed.

But driving around it is often you see a car with non standard headlights, but as we don't really have any police here, or at least not enough police to make sure people don't break the rules.

I've got an old Thorfire C8 light ready to grab if my headlights fail but only to get me off the road safely where I'll fix the darn things. Losing your headlights is a close second behind losing your brakes for being scary :eek: Eventually I'll have a custom-made LED driving light system up there for redundancy but that's still a way off for now- too much other stuff is more needed and the piggy bank too small :rolleyes:

Phil

I bought a used Mazda 626 decade ago without realizing it was under water when katrina hit. I couldn't return the car due to the weird friend's friend deal.
It was a nightmare.
It ran fine but electrical issues started to show up.
One day I was driving and headlights turned off.
Talk about scary drive.
Luckily Dallas highways have enough lights to drive.
Next day headlights were working.
Just as a precaution I went to AutoZone and bought clear fog lights.
I installed them in place of fake fog lights on the bumper with on off switch on the dash.
Headlights worked for few days and again went off but the fog lights were enough for driving.
I took it to a mechanic and he pulled out headlight control board.
It was brown instead of green due to rust after being under salt water.
$400 later headlights were fixed.
Then started battery, door locks, radiator fan etc... issues.
None were major problems but they kept on coming every now and then first few months.
Good thing is my brother still drivs it fine.

Old cars with little wiring and no electronics weren't as big a problem if they got flooded until structural parts started to rot many years later. Today's cars have so much wiring and electronics that only the most expensive cars are worth redoing it all and even then there won't be much money saved compared to junking it and starting over.

One of my old vans had a automatic-reset circuit breaker protecting the headlights. It overheated and went open-circuit if you used the high beams from more than about a minute and the circuit breaker had to be replaced annually to do that much. The lights would go out a few seconds then work a few seconds repeatedly :confused: I checked everything and could never trace the problem down. I didn't drive it much at night so I just used low beams and lived with the problem :p Five bucks and ten minutes a year with that breaker was better than rewiring the whole headlight circuit :rolleyes:

Phil

At least i an not the kid in my MC Donald's at night posting down below, normally it have to be a 4x4 to see that many lamps on a car.

I got to admit i am a little envious of the massive LED light bar on his roof, but if i had one it would be facing out rear and have a red filter on it.
Just so i could use it as a over the top fog light and turn it on when i have a "foghead" driving behind me ( fogheads are people who use their foglights all the time fog - daylight or not )

I have heard 200.000 lumen to the face can cure a foghead :mad:

I will just add my beam video with the P 36 and U 21 i just made here, the 9665GC make for a good flashlight camera, no need ( not even close ) for the mobius 2 footage and i dident even bother bringing up the memory card from the XS, though i regret that now just cuz i am curious now.

Back