Dual channel, strong parking mode with battery pack, tiny car

The SG9663DR the LCD display are part of the main unit where all the good stuff are aside for the cameras, it do of curse turn off in seconds after power up as you do not want a distraction on the windscreen.
Though with the DR that is not where you would put the main unit, in that sense it is more bulky than traditional dashcams due to its pig tail of wires for the things to connect to.
The wire for the GPS antenna are not super long, i do feel it can be a restriction to where you can put the main unit if you want to have the antenna on the windscreen / dashboard.
As i recall the GPS on the DR are meant for being installed on the dashboard, where as all other models are made for install on the windscreen, though i do have mine upside down on the windscreen and it work just fine.

@jokiin can tell the exact length.
The GPS module on the end of the wire do not weigh much, it is just a small plastic housing with the antenna itself inside, i will estimate under 3.5 oz / 100 grams.

Yeah so far all SG products have been with external GPS antenna, so that is 1 more wire to do VS likes of Viofo having the antenna in the mount ( though as seen in history this have also caused some problems for them with connection issues between the 2 parts )

For some reason many seem to misunderstand the size of many wedge cameras, they are quite small but if no full measurements are there you can often go by the measurements of the LCD screen which are most often listed.
I feel they blend in better than the barrel shaped cameras like blackvue, but it do depend on the windscreen layout in some cases a barrel shape are best for stealth reasons.

I think the SG cameras also have the option to use G -sensor while driving, but i wouldn't recommend anyone to use that with any camera as all it do is create several 100 false events before there are something actually worth saving.
The camera record all the time, so anything minor i just push the event button as trying to remember when it happened have not worked for all the years i did that.
If anything major happen, well any people reacting to your accident should turn your car off as a wrecked car is a fire hazard and so stop recording so the accident will still be there too, and with a sufficient large memory cards it would also be even if it take anyone 8 hours to notice you had a accident.
I can only recommend people to use G- sensor activation of events for parking mode.

SG cameras will also recycle the content in the RO folder, but that folder are dynamics in size, but there are room for a lot in there and it would only be a issue if a lot of false events find their way in there, like G - sensor trigger on hitting a pothole while driving.
Only events i get in my RO folder are when i press the event button for saving some idiot in traffic, and it can be weeks or even a month before i get to those 5 - 10 or so events i have accumulated and get them on my computer for editing and upload to youtube.
Actually i copy them off dont even delete the files on the card, and i have yet to notice the RO folder having been full.

You should not delete individual files on a dashcam memory card, it can cause the system to get confused, so always remember to copy files from memory card to computer.

My SG9663DC system ( which are same housing as DCpro and DCpro+ as i recall )
Next to some familiar things, and a CM measure ( no inch stuff here )

IMG_20210426_184928.jpg
IMG_20210426_184944.jpg

The rear camera are actually on the larger size, but back there most often not a problem, back in the day i had mine on a magnet that conveniently spaced it out from the metal frame of my rear hatch, so the lens was just in range to get a clear view.

Some install pics here beside SGGCX2 camera on the left and my long range camera on the right on a suction cup.

In this post a Guardtrack GT65EX have sneaked in on the far left. also pics of the whole setup behind my mirror

That many cameras will of course be more visible from the outside, even if most of the camera are on the dotted area and so partly hidden by that.

Regarding buffered mode...

A bit confused now. Let me get this straight.

Buffered parking mode merely entails a short duration of footage before and after an event is included when locking/protecting a file, right? This doesn't necessarily have to be motion detect--depending on the camera it can be configured for impact events of a certain force. That's how I understand it.
depends on the camera, they don't all work the same, the buffer only relates to what's held before an event, what you get after it is triggered varies by model, in some cameras it's 20 seconds total, others may give you more

Does Street Guardian just automatically lock the current file in case of an impact, or will it lock the file prior (and the next) as well? Does the recording cycle end there, or does it wait to finish? What if an impact occurs at the beginning of a new recording cycle?

My current setup with the DailyRoads Voyager app simply protects the current file if it detects an impact, and starts the next one. I'm looking for something more advanced than that.
if the event is in the first half of the recording it will also save the file before, if it's in the second half of the recording you get the file after as well, it also saves a photo front and rear from the actual time of impact so you get 6 files saved into the read only section for an event

Thanks for reminding me--the Street Guardian does lack in viewing angle (127°, versus 139° on the DR750X and 140° on the Q800PRO) which isn't a very good note for my use case.
check the videos before making a judgement call on viewing angles, ours are wider than theirs, we publish actual viewing angles, not lens totals which is always larger

@jokiin can tell the exact length.
The GPS module on the end of the wire do not weigh much, it is just a small plastic housing with the antenna itself inside, i will estimate under 3.5 oz / 100 grams.
the camera only weighs 80 grams, the GPS might be 15 or so, I'd have to weigh it to be sure, cable length is 70cm for the DCPRO, 140cm for the DR, external GPS offers improved performance over internal and allows a bit more flexibility with install when you get vehicles that have treated windscreens which may block the signal in the location where you want to install the camera

My SG9663DC system ( which are same housing as DCpro and DCpro+ as i recall )
Next to some familiar things, and a CM measure ( no inch stuff here )

The rear camera are actually on the larger size, but back there most often not a problem, back in the day i had mine on a magnet that conveniently spaced it out from the metal frame of my rear hatch, so the lens was just in range to get a clear view.
rear cam has been updated, that's the old one, DCPRO+ uses the same cameras as the DR does

Yes buffer cameras are most often only 10 seconds before, and then the recording most often only run for 20 - 30 seconds after that before camera revert to parking guard.
The sensors can be pretty sensitive too, i tested a camera and i was able to trigger a event by kicking the rear wheel of my car, and you cant kick a steel rim that hard wearing snickers.

Not the SG9663DR deal in segments, and save either the current one + the previous or the following one, in my case i use 3 minute video segments so 2 X 3 minutes are saved from each camera.
I am not 100 % if that go for any parking mode to be honest, but ill tag the company boss in so he can enlighten us @jokiin

Yeah a plate capture with a hit and run would be very nice, but it is a tall order for many hours of the day, actually up here in Denmark ( we are about as far north on the globe as Canada ) in the winter i dont have much chance of plate captures, only if it is a sunny day or at least only a thin cloud cover.
Made this recording not long ago on a rainy day, i was a bit surprised to see the plates i got ( easy to read large EU plates )
This was 80 km/h - 55 MPH Danish highway speeds-

I prefer low bitrate + G sensor on while parked, low bitrate record it all, G sensor lock if anything big happen.
Testing first time last year i was a bit apprehensive low bitrate would be okay for capturing a moving plate, so i set up shop on a local road, and was pleasantly surprised.

Maybe you already know this. Posting videos showing numberplates is illegal according to danish law about data safety...

I know, i will stop when a judge tell me to, and then i will instead report bad driving and then tell media when police do not care.
I did this the first guy i turned in, he drove so insane that in 1 minute of driving he had done enough for 3 marks, police did nothing before i got TV2 in on it, and then probably all the did was acknowledge my report.
Really in the bigger perspective i dont think i would turn people in again for driving like idiots, Denmark do not work like that anymore.
Though i do ATM have cops running due to a CCTV camera i put outside my living room window filming the public street below,,,,, it is removed but they still come knocking at least they did up until the week before last.

Back