Dual output hardwire kit?

• Thread starter Deleted member 12474
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12474

My car (2018 Mazda 3) has surprisingly few fuses that power off when the car is not running, and a very small fuse box. I currently have a front camera hardwired but would also like to mount my spare camera for the rear. Unfortunately, there are no fuse options left that power off when I turn off the car.

Has anybody seen a hardwire kit with dual USB outputs? I am not finding anything on Amazon and some Google searches provide results that are 5+ years old or sellers that I wouldn't trust with my CC info.

Thanks

If the fuse rating of the tapped circuit is good for the additional load, you could join/solder the second hardwire kit to the fusetap already in use. And, if you're using a 1A or 2A fuse with one hardwire kit, switch to a 5A fuse for two.

If the fuse rating of the tapped circuit is good for the additional load, you could join/solder the second hardwire kit to the fusetap already in use. And, if you're using a 1A or 2A fuse with one hardwire kit, switch to a 5A fuse for two.

Thanks! I'm not entirely sure I trust myself to do that. It might come down to buying a dual-channel camera.

Back