DV988 WIFI issue

Hawk5

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have the DV988 and I can't get the cameras to connect to my iPhone 13. Downloaded Moto Camera and Roadcam both of them don't work. How do you connect?

Find DC988 WiFi SSID in phone WiFi setting---Input password 1234567890----connect WiFi with your phone---open the app to continue!

All directions have been followed. Does this unit and app just not work with Mac stuff. It downloads onto the iPhone fine but that is about it.

Does this unit and app just not work with Mac stuff.
Mac stuff? Do you refer to you wanting to playback its footage on a MAC? You can download KM Player if yes!

Hello there.
This is my first post to this forum.
I am trying to get my Head around this dashcam. During my installation I accidentally knocked the cables of my right hand switch box on my BMW F850 GSA. BMW picked up the bike under warranty but my dealer asked me to pay for the fix!!
Anyway back to the DashCam. On my previous bike I Had a BlueSkySea B1M which worked perfectly. The wifi function allowed me to get the videos down to my phone, and the unit was hidden away under the seat.
For my new bike I could only get the DV988, which come with a screen and myriad extra functions. The B1M was just simple. This DV988 is so complicated to set up.
I could not get the wifi function to work and searched the interweb.
Two hints came out.
The password in the pdf "manual" on page 09 is wrong and should be 1234567890. Oddly enough the paper "Manual" has the correct password on page 09!
The second thing is that the wifi function will not work with the unit plugged into an on-board USB power slot. The factory BSS battery connect cables have a "transformer" which limits the output to 5V and 3 amps.
The BMW USB slot supplies the regular 5V and 1 or 2 amps, which apparently is not enough to power the WiFi function. Most cars and bike would be similar. As are the USB ports on laptops.
I found a mains USB plug (actually a Baun from ALDI) which supplies 5V and 3.1 amp. I connected this to an extension lead to mains power.
IMG_0804.JPG
I was now in business.
The procedure is to power up the DV988 and be sure that the Function Set has WiFi turned on.
On the iPhone you need to select the WiFi network called NPD_CarDV_WiFi.
Next open RoadCam App.
IMG_0809a.jpg

Click on the Orange button with NPD_Car_WiFi. It should load the data from the DV988 Unit.

Now this is my new problem.

The App then tries to retrieve the files from the DV988 unit and puts up a box on the screen with Open Preview and seems to go into an endless loop.

IMG_0808.jpg

Eventually I had to kill the App and start over. Only once did the App actually manage to open the files on the DV988 unit for preview.

I thought the App might be having trouble load files from a 256GB card so swapped to a 32GB card but that made no difference. I tried formatting the card to no avail.

I just can not get my head around this.

And finally here is a picture of the unit mounted on my bike.

IMG_0807.JPG

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DaioRider DV988 3
O DV988 3
Hawk5 DV988 9
Hawk5 DV988 7
Y DV988 8
Back