DV988 mount

Hawk5

Reaction score
Country
United States
My DV988 did not have a spot to put a 1/4 inch Ram Ball like it showed. Did they send me an older version? The mount I had to use is plastic and doesn't match up with any other mounts. Also is there a way to turn up the brightness on the screen? Being a motorcycle system I expected it to be visible in sunlight.

The screen needs to be improved. For a unit that is marketed as a dash cam / backup camera it does not do the job at all. Even in mid light it is hard to see. In direct sunlight it is virtually impossible. Now I don't know why the You Tube videos show a ram ball mount when mine came with a much more inferior mount. One that I had to buy extra parts just to get it on the bike. The female end that mounts to the body of the camera doesn't line up with of the existing ram ball mounts. I had to force the one that I have onto the sister mount. Did I get an old one that was being sold as a new one??

This is not a very sturdy mount. The other model with the center ram ball mount was a better idea. I don't know why it was changed.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DaioRider DV988 3
O DV988 3
Hawk5 DV988 9
Hawk5 DV988 4
34Ford DV988 7
Back