DVR-207 will not work on battery

ecnar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Two days ago, my DVR-207 stopped working on internal battery power. it works fine when plugged into the 12 volt supply and usb. I also charged it through usb according to the manual. But, it will not power on from the battery. It is set on non motion 720p 5 minute intervals.

Does this displease you? There's no question in your post.

If I had this problem I would swap the battery, clean the battery contacts, open the unit for loose wires going to the battery, or exchange the camera.

I have the same problem. It worked great for about 5 days, then shut itself off and will not turn on with the battery.
So how do you replace the DVR-027/and or/ the battery?????
I seen no warranty or return address in the instruction manual.

If the seller won't replace the camera, then you won't have to worry about voiding any warranty by opening it up to see what kind of battery you need. I've read that genuine units have a removable battery (Nokia BL-4c) and fakes do not.

There are many dashcams that use the same generic body with completely different innards and no markings to indicate the model. Seller feedback is the best way to determine the quality.
If you order a battery and it does not fix the problem, then hopefully it will fit your next cam.

Haven't had this problem, but you can use either the Nokia BL-4C or the BL-5C (I've personally used both and prefer the BL-5C as it lasts longer in recording). You can get genuine Nokia ones on eBay for 3-5 dollars or "clones" for a couple of bucks.

shafferb0b1 said:
Haven't had this problem, but you can use either the Nokia BL-4C or the BL-5C (I've personally used both and prefer the BL-5C as it lasts longer in recording).
With the BL-5C, you can still close the cover?

The camera went into the blank screen mode that is fixed by removing the battery. After seeing that the battery pull worked, I tried pressing the power button. I had to press it very firmly and hold it for a few seconds and the camera turned on with battery power. I'm thinking the problem is in the power button. So far it has been working. Maybe the video of the disassembled DVR-027 will reveal a way of adjusting the connection of the button.

Also, when I first got the camera it would turn on by pushing the button. However, I did not have to press it as hard.

Back