ECOFLOW and Viofo

I never get more than 12 hours with my 250 Wh of Powercore. I should use a multimeter to see if my car is sending enough current to it. Or give up this quest.
Something seems “off” here…. My EcoFlow River 2 is 256Wh and it provides ~40hrs of parking mode for a two channel setup. I’m curious to see what you learn about power draw with a USB meter. You should be getting several times more battery life from that battery unless your battery is old and has diminished capacity or your camera draws a huge amount of power (which might signal some other type of problem).

This seems like it is worth further exploration.

@EricSan I have ordered a multimeter. I have also installed a temperature logger on the dashcam, and one in the cabin of the car, to see if it is a temperature issue.

I'm curious to hear what you learn about power consumption out of your EcoFlow. I have found the output meter on the EcoFlow to be reasonably accurate (at least until my USB-A ouptut circuit fried from too much heat). You should get equal voltage/power readings at both ends of the power cable.

Edit: where did you find a temp logger? I've been looking for one on and off for a little while now. Never found anything that I liked...

Last edited:
Edit: where did you find a temp logger? I've been looking for one on and off for a little while now. Never found anything that I liked...

There are quite a few on Amazon, although not all are suitable for our likely usage requirements. Many are single use cold chain temp monitors for example. Nevertheless, there are some that look very interesting for dash cam users wanting to monitor car cabin temperatures.

This Bluetooth model caught my eye because of the small sensor module, phone app and long time data capture.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07TK22DQQ

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=tempi.fi

temp_monitor.jpg

Last edited:
Yours works far better than mine for standalone use.

Seems to be in the same price range as the one I posted.

It feels funny to characterize it as "yours" since it's only something I found on Amazon and don't own so I don't know all that much about it. Maybe you can talk more about your experience with the one you have and explain how you are using it and what you mean by stand alone use.

app and things yours can sync to app mine needs thing

app and things yours can sync to app mine needs thing

I see that the user manual on yours is 86 pages and seems rather complicated. "Mine" is likely more simple but I wouldn't know because not owning one it's all theoretical.

Whatever the case may be I can see that a temperature logger module + app could be very useful. Now you've got me wanting one. :)

I was looking at temperature loggers as well but I was hoping for ones with probes I could attach directly to the dashcam body. Most are meant to be room temperature loggers for smart homes so are quite bulky. I guess some of the smaller ones you could just stick to the dashcam.

Also @mentadent I didn't realise you could link BLE devices to the Teltonika trackers.. I was thinking about getting a 4G FMC920 as my current one is only 2G. Definetely worth a look :D

Back