Emergency button not working when G-sensor is off

happycamel13

Reaction score
Country
United States
When G-sensor is off, pressing the emergency button does nothing. When I turn G-sensor back on, it works. Is this by design? I thought the point of having the button was to be able to lock a file manually anytime. Firmware A119.20160829.V1.1. Thanks.

When G-sensor is off, pressing the emergency button does nothing. When I turn G-sensor back on, it works. Is this by design? I thought the point of having the button was to be able to lock a file manually anytime. Firmware A119.20160829.V1.1. Thanks.

if that's repeatable by other then that will be a bug, something @viofo will need the engineer to check

what resolution is the camera set to? we've seen some issues that only happen at certain resolutions and frame rates. any other settings like LDWS or time lapse turned on?

what resolution is the camera set to? we've seen some issues that only happen at certain resolutions and frame rates. any other settings like LDWS or time lapse turned on?
Yes, can you share more details.
I have tested this for many times without G-sensor enabled, it should work even G-sensor disabled.

Here is a video of the issue:

My settings:
Firmware: A119.20160829.V1.1
Formatted card (Lexar 633x 32gb)
Reset to Default Settings
Resolution: 2560x1440p 30fps
Loop: 3 Min
Exposure: 0
WDR: On
Time Lapse: Off
Motion: Off
GPS: On
Unit: MPH
G-Sensor: Off
LDWS, FCWS: Off
Stamps: All On
Audio: Off
Screensaver: 15 sec
LED: On
Date, Time Zone: No change
Frequency: 60 Hz

This unit was purchased from CaptureYourAction.

Here is a video of the issue:

My settings:
Firmware: A119.20160829.V1.1
Formatted card (Lexar 633x 32gb)
Reset to Default Settings
Resolution: 2560x1440p 30fps
Loop: 3 Min
Exposure: 0
WDR: On
Time Lapse: Off
Motion: Off
GPS: On
Unit: MPH
G-Sensor: Off
LDWS, FCWS: Off
Stamps: All On
Audio: Off
Screensaver: 15 sec
LED: On
Date, Time Zone: No change
Frequency: 60 Hz

This unit was purchased from CaptureYourAction.
I just confirmed this with the A119. I used a Adata 32gb card. Default settings with latest firmware. Just turning off g-sensor make this issue happen.
@viofo is it possible that this issue has any connection to when user SergioV was in an accident and the 3 min file of the accident footage was corrupt? He has the g-sensor turned off as well.

Last edited:
I just confirmed this with the A119. I used a Adata 32gb card. Default settings with latest firmware. Just turning off g-sensor make this issue happen.
@viofo is it possible that this issue has any connection to when user SergioV was in an accident and the 3 min file of the accident footage was corrupt? He has the g-sensor turned off as well.
Seems a bug, will be fixed in next version, working on it now.

This is somewhat related to this post.

I tested the G-Sensor operation today. With Motion turned on, and waiting until the A119 was not recording a video (fast flashing LED) I tapped the A119 to create an Incident. I found that, even with the G-Sensor sensitivity set to Highest, I had to really rap the A119 to create an Incident. In fact, I think what was actually created was a Motion activated recording.

To me, it appears that the sensitivity of the A119 G-Sensor is very poor.

Has anyone else tested the G-Sensor, and if so what were your results?

RodeoGeorge

This is somewhat related to this post.

I tested the G-Sensor operation today. With Motion turned on, and waiting until the A119 was not recording a video (fast flashing LED) I tapped the A119 to create an Incident. I found that, even with the G-Sensor sensitivity set to Highest, I had to really rap the A119 to create an Incident. In fact, I think what was actually created was a Motion activated recording.

To me, it appears that the sensitivity of the A119 G-Sensor is very poor.

Has anyone else tested the G-Sensor, and if so what were your results?

RodeoGeorge
i drive a truck with hard suspension (toyota tacoma x-runner) and not once have i had the g-sensor trigger in my a119, even with it on high sensitivity. with my previous blacksys ch-100b camera, it triggered all the time, especially while taking corners fast. then again, i use a 64gb card in my cam so even if the g-sensor doesn't lock a file in a crash, the camera would have to record for over 8 hours before the files i want to keep get overwritten, so i'm not real worried about it.

@viofo - Any ETA for the bug fix? Noticed today a video was not saved as well. It was not important, but weeks later I remembered to check and save it but it was gone.

@viofo - Any ETA for the bug fix? Noticed today a video was not saved as well. It was not important, but weeks later I remembered to check and save it but it was gone.
It is fixed, going to upload the beta new version on forum next week.

Back