English Firmware Available for CR-2000G, CR-2i!!

Hi, friends. What can you tell me about Finevu CR-2000G. Is it better or worse than Panorama X2?
I've also considered buying Marcus 5 and Lukas 9700. I really don't know which one will be the best, the more reliable.
Thank you in advance for any help.

Looks like you already got an answer in the Pano X2 thread.

and what about firmware 169 for me...................................

Rafa,

I finally tested firmware .169.

I get the same results as before when I start the car :
  1. If the dash cam has no reserve power, it will restart when you start the car.
  2. If the dash can has 3 bars of reserve power, it will NOT restart when you start the car.
I believe this behavior to be normal, unless Finvu says otherwise. (Even my OEM 7 inch motorized touchscreen hesitates when I start the car) :eek:

Also, any updates on improving the night video quality (removing "watercolor" and noise) or the MPH/KPH changes?

Thanks.

Hello kmd1970,

We really appreciate of your helps.

FineVu said that the notification (issue we've talked) is normal situation, and all Korean version has same notification when starting the motor without reserved power.

FineVu did not mention about Watercolor effect and MPH Change..I will keep push it to solve.
And we are planing to bring CR2000R and T9VU, which are all Korean version.

Thank you,

Rafa,

Some more suggestions for the Finvu team :D:

1. Since the unit does not have a physical power button can we a "Power Off" menu option on the menu bar? ( Reason : If I have the unit hard-wired on constant power, like Fine Safer S, the only way to turn off the unit is to pull the power connector)
2. When the GPS is locked can we get a fulltime icon or colored dot on the LCD to indicate that GPS is locked? (use green for the GPS lock icon)
3. Lastly, usually when any dash camera is recording the recording icon is usually red not green like on the Finvu. (this is minor but everyone is using red) :rolleyes:

Q4KGPN7.jpg
definitely agree yr suggestion about Power-Off option because u have to do that some time and 3.

I finally installed my Finvu CR-2000G in my car for long term testing. it's a nice little device. :D

Some things I found out today:
  1. LDWS works nicely.
  2. When recording the dot (icon) flashes green.
  3. When an event occurs dot (icon) flashes red.
  4. There IS a GPS icon that flashes below the red/green dot sometimes. I am not sure what it's trying to tell me. GPS locked or GPS not locked?? :rolleyes:
  5. The maximum volume of the unit is too low. (Not the recording volume, but the voice/alarm volume) I can barely hear what it is trying to tell me.
  6. There needs to be a way to clear the all of the menu icons from the screen on demand, so you can see better. On my Blackvue DR750LW, when the LCD is on, all you have to do is touch a clear area of the screen and all of the menus/icons would disappear. Touch again and they would come back.
Thanks!

hi install your firmware and change wire between front and rear (so need some time)
and than I cant open device menu cant on/off sound recorder just device begin record and say so gps find
reflash - nothing changed
may be your give me wrong firmware?
please resend for working firmware
or its maybe some wrong with device

Last edited:
I bought a CR-2000G from an ebay seller, turns out it came from Korea, I have no idea how to get it to work, the link to English instruction manual they sent doesnt work and unfortunately my Korean is a little rusty.... as in non existent, any help for links to English updates or manuals would be greatly appreciated before I box this up and ship it back! Thanks.

Hi my test your firmware 1.69
Some times lost recording and head unit freeze - work only after hard reset
Some times unit not record anything - this have see in pc mode and make unreadable mpeg
some times lost connection with rear camera and can be restarted 2-3 times until begin work
now I will be write original firmware and try to use it
if you have updated firmware I can test it
lwds work good
but max sound level is not good

by the way, do you happen to ship CR-2000Gs internationally?

Hi, I need some advise on my CR2i Full HD camera. I tried to update a Korean firmware version CR-2i_Full-HD_Firmware_v2.02.003 found on the Korean website, thinking that this is the latest version.

Unfortunately, the firmware upgrade is unsuccessful and the camera is now frozen at booting mode, Microphone button - RED, Video button - White and front LED lights are turned on.

My SD card has been reformatted as well.

Anyone knows how to reset the unit to bring it back to factory settings ?

Thanks.

CK

Back