ERROR MESSAGES

platinum

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'd like people to contribute a list of error message they see on the screen of their MINI0801 units.

Then all the experts can explain to us what they mean & maybe tell us why we get them.

i turn my car on..... the unit says .......USB CONNECTED..... big deal. So why does this happen? Why do i have to unplug the cable & reset the unit?

I get a storage IO error and have yet to figure out to have it fixed. Some have said updating firmware will help, I'm not entirely sure. The camera stays on when powered, however when the storage gets about 3/4 full it simply just stops recording until I empty the Micro SD card.

are you using the car adapter supplied or something else to power it up? NO i use a 12V to 5V conversion cable hardwired. The car adaptor is too clunky and large to fit in behind the dash / wiring.

PROCEED WHITH MOVIE RECOVERY? YES/NO What is the correct answer? why does it ask this?

are you using the car adapter supplied or something else to power it up? NO i use a 12V to 5V conversion cable hardwired. The car adaptor is too clunky and large to fit in behind the dash / wiring.

first thing I'd do is try with the supplied adapter

that's funny cos i bought it from the people i bought the camera from.
Stop trying to blame something other than the misgivings and inadequacies of the Camera. As it stands there are numerous Firmware updates...WHY? Because the unit is NOT PERFECT.

that's funny cos i bought it from the people i bought the camera from.
Stop trying to blame something other than the misgivings and inadequacies of the Camera. As it stands there are numerous Firmware updates...WHY? Because the unit is NOT PERFECT.

I don't know where you bought it from but just because the power supply came from the same seller doesn't mean it's the right one for the job

I never said the camera was great, you need to rule out something else as the problem though, you're not very forthcoming with details so it's hard to offer much help

maybe someone else is better able to help you work it out

I'm not sure what you want to hear? Do you want me to say it is a piece of crap?

i turn my car on..... the unit says .......USB CONNECTED..... big deal. So why does this happen? Why do i have to unplug the cable & reset the unit?
If this happens there are two possible sources of Errors:
Number one: The (hardwiring)cable you use
Number two: The USB port on your 0801 is faulty (not very likely)
Just try the shipped cable - it shouldn't go into usb mode

so are you saying OJOcam are not reputable? they have been very helpful.
OJOcam is reputable. But that dos not mean that you can have bad luck and get a bad hardwiring kit.

The used usb mode of your 0801 depends on its power source. If theres something wrong with it (maybe wrong cabling?) the used mode might be wrong. In your case it sounds like the data-Pins are powered. I guess that the camera decides to go into usb storage mode when these are powered.

PROCEED WHITH MOVIE RECOVERY? YES/NO What is the correct answer? why does it ask this?
"No" is the correct answer because damaged .mov files can't be repaired. This happens when the camera looses power to early and doesn't shut down correctly.

MOVIE RECOVERY FAIL (SET?) What does this mean?
Thtats because .mov files can't be recovered

I'd like people to contribute a list of error message they see on the screen of their MINI0801 units.

Then all the experts can explain to us what they mean & maybe tell us why we get them.

Obviously you have some issues and frustrations with your camera, and forums like this are a great place to share experiences and get info/advice.

I have to say this and other posts you have made for come across as sarcastic and a little aggressive. Maybe thats' why your not getting as much help as you expect

You have to remember, these issues are not the fault of the people posting, or even of the 'Expert's. These are basically cheap camera's for China... you get what you pay for.

The USB Connected message is what you normal get when you connect the unit to a PC, so it's seem your camera thinks your car power supply is a data connection for some reason. I also have fitted a dedicated 12v-5v buck converter and so far not had this issue.

Have you tried updating/changing the firmware?

I'm not sarcastic and aggressive. I'm AUSTRALIAN. We might use a different tone in our questioning.. no big deal. But we call it the Great Australian Complaint for consumers..... if it sucks, never go back. Or the International Customer Service Guide. If you like it tell your friends.... if you don't like it .... TELL EVERYONE.
And yes, owning this unit, which should be plug and play is frustrating and one that doesn't sell itself.
I'm just getting fed up with cheap Chinese **** that floods the electronics markets with no instruction manual that makes sense, product updates at a weekly interval ..... i read the review from a guy in the UK saying his product was sent from NZ.... go figure.

The firmware is the latest, but as a consumer... not a developer i shouldn't be put in a position where i should need to do this.

The firmware is the latest, but as a consumer... not a developer i shouldn't be put in a position where i should need to do this.

Do you have a PC or laptop at home ? What OS ?

i use macs but have a PC handy, but i am unwilling to fruck around with firmwares etc. It's not my job. It is the task of the retailer Ojocam to sell a product that works out of the box.

Back