mini 0801 - storage i/o error & firmware not updating.

John_PY

Reaction score
Country
Paraguay
Dash Cam
Panorama, 0801
Hi guys,
Newbeee here.
I have a mini 0801 FW: ver201312111007
no gps no internal mem.

I had used it for a month or so with no issues, then the dreaded i/o error. replaced the 32 gig class 4 sandisk with a class 4 16 gig sandisk and worked fine for a day. till the i/o error again.

I have tried to update several versions of Firmware but its not recognising it or asking to update.

I got this off amazon in UK.

Any help much appreciated. Given my location I need this working ASAP as I reg encounter corrupt police officials or dangerous drivers.

Seems like the cheap/ fake version according to the FW version number therefore you can't update it

Seems like the cheap/ fake version according to the FW version number therefore you can't update it

So I have a cack dash cam. great.

I have been through the comparison page on this site to find a cam thats reliable etc. Which cam, or manufacturer model etc do you use or recommend?

Where exactly did you buy it? (URL)
I bought my first genuine from EPRANCE (but the device was faulty till I accidentally fixed it)
The others I got from local resellers.

I got it from Amazon UK back in March.
Photo attached.

Its sold through somewhere in UK called Cheap-uk-gadgets & BoddBan. but now I look back at my purchase order it says its Coshinegroup.

An on further inspection, the microphone wholes in the front and the 'ok' button are not as they were in the picture.

The shame is I was travelling back to the UK so had it posted 2 months ahead due to long delivery times, and then brought it back to Paraguay and hadn't pre checked it out beforehand.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-08-25 at 14.08.36.png
    Screen shot 2014-08-25 at 14.08.36.png
    212.5 KB · Views: 9
the actual cam doesnt look like the pic on amazon below is the one they sent me.

missing the 'ok' button, and differing microphone holes in the front.

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Yeah thats the cheap rip-off 0801

Yeah thats the cheap rip-off 0801

thought so. Tobi@s, thanks for your help this aft its been much appreciated.

now i start the search for a decent web cam. in the $100-$150 range.

Back