F1 Firmware

Yes. better to use USB power bank all the time and record the same way, then only problem are memory card but if F1 can recycle old footage you will be good.

I use those 18650 battery power bank tubes that are barely bigger than flat top 18650 3000mAh battery itself. They cost around $2 on Banggod and Gearbest.
I just tape that tube on a top of F1 for neat package when needed. It is still easy to carry on your hand or mount.. I have 64Gb SD card but something like 256Gb that would take long hours even in normal 1080 quality cost more than this camera. And I have 18650 batteries as I´m on a waiting list for this light:

1,290,000 CD Flashlight, Budget Light Forum Giga-Thrower! - YouTube

Yes but if you go to some event which will last several hours and cannot know when the best action happens it will be very difficult to record all those hours.
And getting enough card space for several hours of good quality recording is not easy nor cheap.And then finding and editing all those hours what to keep.
Easier to change the battery or use a power bank to charge when needed and be ready to capture fast when something happens.
Why not use it like a dashcam with loop recording and press the Lock button when something interesting happens?

I haven't found the Lock button on the F1 yet, but if it is not there then I'm sure Gitup can add it... I already asked for it to be on the remote control...

Why not use it like a dashcam with loop recording and press the Lock button when something interesting happens?

I haven't found the Lock button on the F1 yet, but if it is not there then I'm sure Gitup can add it... I already asked for it to be on the remote control...

Hmm..not sure how that works.What is the lock button in this case and how it works? How would this enable to record only those wanted bits and save the card space? My cars dashcam records all the time when the power is on and in looping mode fills the card recording over oldest videos.

Hmm..not sure how that works.What is the lock button in this case and how it works? How would this enable to record only those wanted bits and save the card space? My cars dashcam records all the time when the power is on and in looping mode fills the card recording over oldest videos.
The lock button on a dashcam makes the current file read only so that it does not get over written on the next loop.

On the F1, there doesn't currently seem to be a Lock button, but on the Git2 you could press the menu button while recording to lock the current file, if your files are 3 minutes long then you get the current 3 minutes video file protected from being overwritten.

(That may be simplified a little, but gives you the idea.)

I've noticed there is an EVENT folder on the F1, but no way to get files into it (yet), so perhaps a lock button is on the development list.

The lock button on a dashcam makes the current file read only so that it does not get over written on the next loop.

On the F1, there doesn't currently seem to be a Lock button, but on the Git2 you could press the menu button while recording to lock the current file, if your files are 3 minutes long then you get the current 3 minutes video file protected from being overwritten.

(That may be simplified a little, but gives you the idea.)

OK,that function! Haven`t really used it with any cams..I used to do little bit like that by recording continuously but it accumulates huge amounts of video to go through when done even for something like 3-4 hours. It is hard to find the best parts from all that and then to cut/edit them.

The most convenient thing would be a 5 sec looping prerecord when power on and fastest possible quick start when off.

I am bypassing the GT group buy, while its nickname giggles are fully deserved it it too much of a flashlight.

You can get something smaller that will still throw a mile

I am bypassing the GT group buy, while its nickname giggles are fully deserved it it too much of a flashlight.

You can get something smaller that will still throw a mile

Yep..I also ordered Astrolux MF02 from BLF groupbuy for €67. That should do near a mile if it really does around 630000cd.
It is much smaller. I usually carry flooder like Meteor daily or should I say nightly.
But BLF GT deal was just too good to pass for $111.

you guys need a lot of candelas up there this time of the year.

Back to F1 firmware ;) When the camera is recording and you hold Menu to turn on Wi-Fi, it will stop recording. Is this by design?

you guys need a lot of candelas up there this time of the year.

Yep..sun goes up 8.55 and goes down 15.23 for 6.28h daylight so good low light ability from cameras are needed here.

Back to F1 firmware ;) When the camera is recording and you hold Menu to turn on Wi-Fi, it will stop recording. Is this by design?
Mine continues recording, both turning wifi on and off.
The flashing record led does stop flashing temporarily.

I'm pleased that the new dashcam external power setting is working as intended, with the camera automatically stopping recording and turning off very soon after losing power. Handy if I want to take the camera with me when I leave the car.

I can also see benefits to not using that external power option. As @Nigel said, having the F1 run for 3 min or longer off the internal battery when refuelling or during a short stop at the shops can be useful, and means you don't need a separate power bank for parking mode up to an hour or so.

Mine continues recording, both turning wifi on and off.
The flashing record led does stop flashing temporarily.
Ok, I assumed it stopped recording because the LED stopped flashing. I have to check if it indeed continue recording.

Ok, I assumed it stopped recording because the LED stopped flashing. I have to check if it indeed continue recording.
The recording will be continue while you enable or disable the Wi-Fi.
Wi-Fi auto start also works in quick capture mode. In future user can turn on the camera with remote control, and control the camera with phone without touch the camera.

I see there is a new firmware 1.4 available. My F1 didn't recognized it until I renamed to FWF1.BIN.
Are you looking at the V1.4 Git1 firmware that was released yesterday? That's a different camera.

Are you looking at the V1.4 Git1 firmware that was released yesterday? That's a different camera.
Yes, sorry. False alarm. Gave me a scare for a few minutes - Git1 firmware bricked my F1. Fortunately, I was able to reflash with proper F1 firmware.

New firmware:
http://www.gitup.com/forum/index.php?threads/f1-firmware.10717/

1. Changed: Default video mode changed to normal mode;
2. Changed: 3 beeps for stop video recording
3. Changed: Model name changed to GitUp F1 after connected with computer
4. Improved: Support use shutter button to start/stop recording after Wi-Fi connected.

@gitup Any news when the F1 Capacitor version will be available for purchase?

Back