F10 / SJ1000 Mini dash-sport cam WDR DVR 15Mbps NT96650 CPU

Re: F10 / SJ1000 Mini dash-sport cam WDR DVR 15Mbps NT96650

Hey guys. Good chat so far about this camera. One thing that I'm not sure has come up yet but in Techmoan's review, you can see a ring around the screen while he's on his bike (12:30). He mentions that this can be seen while it's in the waterproof case. Is this at a particular resolution? I also know that the case has been upgraded. Has this fixed this problem?

Also, does anyone know if the pivot/fork type accessories like the bike attachment fit with the GoPro accessories?

Does this have a button to press (or similar) to save the current video?

in case of an accident how do you ensure the video isn't overwritten. I think there is a G shock sensor but do people rely on these? I would like to be absolutely certain that the important file was not overwritten.

greeny said:
Does this have a button to press (or similar) to save the current video?

in case of an accident how do you ensure the video isn't overwritten. I think there is a G shock sensor but do people rely on these? I would like to be absolutely certain that the important file was not overwritten.

One way is to go to view files, find needed file, from menu option can lock it.
In many other latest Novatek cpu based dash cams you can lock live recording file by pressing a "menu" button while camera records. Try this on sj1000. You should see a "key"-type icon on the screen.
Try and let us know.

I got mine yesterday. Was planning to use it on my surf trip i'll leave for in 3 days.

At first the camera worked great. I tried some photo's, some video's, and all was fine. But when i tried it again this evening it froze on the welcome screen. It happens with and without the SD card. It also happens when being powered from the battery or USB cable. It also does shut off with the power button.

I can not get past the welcome screen however. Does anyone has any tips? Maybe on how to upgrade the firmware?

superkris said:
I got mine yesterday. Was planning to use it on my surf trip i'll leave for in 3 days.

At first the camera worked great. I tried some photo's, some video's, and all was fine. But when i tried it again this evening it froze on the welcome screen. It happens with and without the SD card. It also happens when being powered from the battery or USB cable. It also does shut off with the power button.

I can not get past the welcome screen however. Does anyone has any tips? Maybe on how to upgrade the firmware?

Talk to christopherbecker86 and check previous page posts. You find also firmware.

Postby christopherbecker86 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:30 am

FoxOffer was so kind to give me the latest Firmware for the SJ1000

Here's the download link
http://devsign.co.za/firmware

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks. I actualy found this forum thanks to his post.

I copied the file to the root of the CD card and turned the camera on. The screen remains black, for some time and then it goes to the welcome screen again. I'm not sure if this means its actually copying the firmware.

I tried putting the camera in the freezer, and that kind of works. It will boot, but when i press record, it will freeze again.

Any other suggestions?

Please wait for christopherbecker86 replay. Hope he can help you.

yeah, i hope he found a solution.

By the way. My current firmware seems to be Y130615

I may have found something. My seems to be working for now. I dont know for how long tho.

I tried flashing with other firmware (for the LS300W) It froze at boot. After that i flashed the old original firmware back.

The bad thing is, i tried something else too, so i'm not sure what fixed it for now. The problems started when i emptied the card. (i realize that just now) I figured maybe there is something wrong writing the maps, so i created a map DCIM on a empty SD card. I booted with that card and can actually film again (for now)

Also, i put the camera in the freezer for some time after is freezes at startup. This helps to make the camera boot at least, but it will stilll crash after pressing the record button. I'll keep you posted on my findings.

The problem is back. Does anyone has other (maybe older) firmware versions?

superkris said:
The problem is back. Does anyone has other (maybe older) firmware versions?

Better if ask vendor for an old firmware. If issue still not fixed after that, - then send it back for exchange or full proper firmware re-flash / install.

Hi to all.

I am very disappointed with this mini camera: my camera too crashes and freezes.

I bought it from Alibaba vendor and received last week.

Till now I was able to make only few videos.

The quality is almost enough.

I sent the request for help to the seller.

If there are any news I will inform you.

It took 20 days from china to portugal.
And a month in the portuguese customs(idiots)
I flashed the latest firmware that i foud here and it's working great.
Two times i had a "please insert card" error but now it seems to be working fine.

The original dashcam mount is crap so did a new mount with a stainless sheet so i can see the lcd
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/32/6e1f.jpg

For the money i thik it's the perfect camera, too bad it's not 120º instead of 140º

CrAzY_DrIveR said:
It took 20 days from china to portugal.
And a month in the portuguese customs(idiots)
I flashed the latest firmware that i foud here and it's working great.
Two times i had a "please insert card" error but now it seems to be working fine.

The original dashcam mount is crap so did a new mount with a stainless sheet so i can see the lcd
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/32/6e1f.jpg

For the money i thik it's the perfect camera, too bad it's not 120º instead of 140º

You might have to to share your bracket idea in the DIY Projects section:

viewforum.php?f=31

I got one of these a few days ago, a few comments:

The mounting clip is reversible so no upside down videos. However the supplied mounting clip is hopeless and produces incredible jitter. I am trying to control this using some bluetack but I think the long term solution may have to be something like the homemade clip above, unless anyone has any other suggestions.

My cigarette lighter is power always on so I have been trying the motion sensitivity options. This seems OK -ish. Two Issues:
1 - it's not very sensitive so when you stop at traffic lights or junctions you can find the recording stops, there seems to be a 5 second delay before it stops, if this was adjustable to say 30 seconds or 1 minutes then it would work much better. You will likely find you miss sections of your journey whilst stationary. (I can maybe live with this).
2 - It seems to have missed one of my journeys completely, Could be user error and maybe I switched off accidentally so more testing to be done. Obviously I could not live with this.

The screensaver options now seem to work with my firmware, but one side effect of using motion sensitive recording is there is no indication whatsoever that it is actually recording so you have to trust it (see above).

The waterproof case is a different design to the one technoman tested. It now has just three buttons to control power, ok and mode (seems a better solution)

You can lock the current video by pressing the mode button whilst recording, of course it's difficult to actually see what buttons are what when mounted on the screen.

O Dear....

I've just been analyzing the data on the card for my 1st weeks driving using the SJ1000. Unfortunately my opinion has changed from a supervalue does what you need device into a waste of space not fit for purpose.

The simple reason for this is that I am seeing big gaps in my recorded footage, I have it set on the 3 minute recycle setting and I am seeing many of the files just missing from the sequence. So in a near one hour journey on Wednesday I see it has created a directory and we have files XXXX....1, XXX....2 up to XXXX....17. Unfortunetly only 8 files in the sequence exist not the 17 expected. I see similar issues for all my other journeys. It looks as though the files are being created but then some are somehow then deleted, there is no obvious pattern.

Strangely the sequences before I turned motion activation off seem to have all the sequence of files present and correct, but the problem here is that you can get breaks when stationary and sometimes it just doesn't startup at all, but once activated all the files in the sequence exist.

Note I have the screensaver on so I can't tell from the cabin if it is actually recording or not I just have to trust it.

Firmware is ....015

Posted this as a seperate topic then found this, I've recently purchased a SJ1000, it constantly resets to 10 second screen saver when powered off and the recording / camera powers off at just over 10 minutes even though the auto power off is set to off, this is a bit of a problem as i've bought it for the motor bike. Has anyone any idea's ?

willow said:
Posted this as a seperate topic then found this, I've recently purchased a SJ1000, it constantly resets to 10 second screen saver when powered off and the recording / camera powers off at just over 10 minutes even though the auto power off is set to off, this is a bit of a problem as i've bought it for the motor bike. Has anyone any idea's ?
Willow just try using the new FW posted with link above. To install simply put the file on sd card and turn on the camera.

What Firmware version do you have willow?

I find mine is resetting to the 3 minute screensaver setting (I don't even have a 10 second option). After my previous post (of missing files) I have set the motion sensitivity back to on and I now find I don't get any missing files!! - I still have the issue that it stops recording in queues/traffic lights etc, but it's preferable to missing files.

Willow - try setting the motion sensitivity to on to see if it makes any difference.

I feel there are few too many firmware issues with this unit. It's a shame because at the price it looked a good option.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H SJCAM 2
S SJCAM 4
Back