F10 / SJ1000 Mini dash-sport cam WDR DVR 15Mbps NT96650 CPU

Re: F10 / SJ1000 Mini dash-sport cam WDR DVR 15Mbps NT96650

Greeny, it states version Y13061311 ! not sure why there are the last two numbers I thought it was the date. I've updated to the above firmware which has helped in that it now records for 35 minutes 52 seconds exactly then turns itself off instead of the 10 minutes previously, which is still not what I want. But the screensaver still reverts to 10 seconds everytime I switch on. I have contacted the seller and the advice they gave was to try taking out the memory card and battery, format the card on a computer then put everything back, still the same. :( . I'll try the motion detection next.

Ok. Having spent the last month trying to get this unit working correctly I have contacted the seller and asked for a return. Basically I have 2 MAJOR issues:

1 - If motion sensitivity is not selected the unit loses some of the recorded files (anything from 3 to 30 minutes in a 1 hour recording is lost)
2 - If motion sensitivity is selected then I do not get issue in (1) but instead record cycling does not work and it just says 'card full'

Unit unfortunately cannot be recommended. I feel all these issues are firmware related but prevent viable usage as a dash cam.

Which alibaba URL / seller did you buy from?
Re: F10 / SJ1000 Mini dash-sport cam WDR DVR 15Mbps NT96650

Hi to all.

I am very disappointed with this mini camera: my camera too crashes and freezes.

I bought it from Alibaba vendor and received last week.

Till now I was able to make only few videos.

The quality is almost enough.

I sent the request for help to the seller.

If there are any news I will inform you.

Ok an update to the info/issues I was having above.

I spoke to the supplier and I now have this camera working acceptably. Basically I had to reformat my SD card in a computer using the full format option (not quick format) . This took about 30 mins (32GB card) but seems to have solved the issues relating to lost datafiles. Hence this now does seem a viable option for a cheap dashcam.

I had a problem on one of my older cams - I did a full format & then downloaded an SD card checker programme (which also had a format feature) - THEN I formatted the card in the device itself - and that seemed to cure it.
Whenever I take the card out to look at or transfer files to my computer, I always perform a full format in the PC THEN another format in the camera - just to keep things clean and tidy.
Probably a bit OTT but after losing the best files & almost losing some good footage, best not to take any chances.

Hi
New here but I have bought this sj1000 after Techmoan ( I'm loyal follower of his YT chanel ) YT recommendation from the Ebay seller he had linked. The cam arrived 3 weeks after and it's working good so far ( I used it as quadcopter camera before I get my GoPro 2 ) .
It seems one can use this sj1000 as webcam and my macmini recognize it as " J1455 " and the sj1000 outputs a constant 30fps video stream regardless the lightning condition. The usual cheap webcams are crippled to 8-9fps in the darker evening situations but not this sj1000.
It works very well with one caveat and that is the sj1000 seems to using some kind of motion detection even when used as a webcam and if it's no motion in the cams view field ( or it's far a way ) the pictures freezes and then restarts when somebody come close to it ( half a meter or so ).
I did deactivated the motion detection in the sj1000 when I'm using it as an actioncam but it somehow using this function in webcam mode.
Does somebody used the sj1000 as webcam and detected this behavior ? How could I get rid of the motion detection in the webcam mode ?

The new SJ1000 firmware released, please check below for details.
The new FW version number is "131211V01".

I keep seeing Sj1000s being quoted as recording in mov and some in avi. Can anyone verify if there are different versions of it, or if the avi ones are fakes? Also, some of the quoted models are claiming to be the latest version with 3 buttons, and an enlarged clasp on the waterproof box. Fake or real?
2qnms93.jpg

I have a charging error with this cam.

Even when not charging it, the screen will show the blinking charging icon, meaning that the status detected by the camera is charging mode. So the cam is perpetually in charging mode.

This proves to be faulty as it cannot get out of charging mode, and thus cannot automatically record and stop when the car engine is started and killed off.

Anybody encountered the same problem?

Even when not charging it, the screen will show the blinking charging icon, meaning that the status detected by the camera is charging mode. So the cam is perpetually in charging mode.

This proves to be faulty as it cannot get out of charging mode, and thus cannot automatically record and stop when the car engine is started and killed off.

Nope but maybe try upgrading the firmware as per the link above and see if that helps resolve the issue. I've bought three in the past and never had that problem.

About the charging problem, I recommend upgrade with new FW, and set the car mode option off when charging.

I keep seeing Sj1000s being quoted as recording in mov and some in avi. Can anyone verify if there are different versions of it, or if the avi ones are fakes? Also, some of the quoted models are claiming to be the latest version with 3 buttons, and an enlarged clasp on the waterproof box. Fake or real?
2qnms93.jpg

There is no fake waterproof case, the manufacturer keep improving the waterproof case, the left one is the latest, the right one is old version.
All the sellers should ship latest version now, this version released 1 month ago.

By the way, the new SJ1000 will be released soon, it use ambarella A7LS75 chip, and support WIFI feature.

Hi, I understand from Techmoan's review that the SJ1000 does not have the ability to flip the time stamp. Does this issue still exist for the SJ1000?

Hi, I understand from Techmoan's review that the SJ1000 does not have the ability to flip the time stamp. Does this issue still exist for the SJ1000?
Do you mean switch off the time stamp?

I have the same issue with charging.
If somebody have any idea for solution please post here

Not feeling great that someone is in the same predicament as me, but it is always comforting to know that someone else went through and truly understands the frustrations. Still no solution for me yet.
I have the same issue with charging.
If somebody have any idea for solution please post here
jc777 said:

Tried upgrading the firmware but does not help too.
Nope but maybe try upgrading the firmware as per the link above and see if that helps resolve the issue. I've bought three in the past and never had that problem.

I just found this link, for a SJ1000_EN_131218.zip file: link.

I thought about buying this camera, but with the firmware problems mentioned here, the camera is unusable. I think I'll wait a little more for comments on this firmware update.

Hi guys, to correct any blurring effects due to misaligned lens, please check this VDO.

There seems to be a lot of "SJ" series dashcams that are not being reviewed. Are the SJ2000-SJ4000 newer versions of the SJ1000?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H SJCAM 2
S SJCAM 4
Back