F750 Keeps Restarting

I just thought I'd post on here to bring my story to a conclusion.
In the end after receiving great UK support from Thinkware (as you said Dippy) it became apparent that my unit was faulty. Great service from the suppliers who swapped it and I have the new camera working well.
The thing I would suggest if anyone has issues with upgrades was that Thinkware did suggest copying the firmware into the root folder of the SD card a couple of times and powering on the unit to see if it would kick it into writing and upgrading the on-board system.
Anyway very happy now I have a working system.

I've been battling the same issue since April on my F550. Many contacts with support but no resolution. They are now asking if I can provide my reciept, which I cannot. I don't have it and the shop that I bought it from originally has closed down. I can tell them when I bought it and where, but just can't show a receipt. Fingers crossed.

Anyone know how long the manufacturer's warranty is? I'm thinking it's past now.

camera no, memory card, quite possibly

have you tried a new card, what card are you using?

Yes. I've tried several from 8 to 32. All work fine in other devices. I get the 2 flashing green but no audio prompt. I left it like that for 30 minutes and no dice.

I received a reply from support last night. They wanted me to try the firmware recovery again. The first time I tried the recovery process there was only one file, this time there were many files. The recovery seems to have worked. I'm not sure if support pointed me to the wrong download originally or if this is a last ditch effort. The did say they would look at honouring the warranty if this didn't work. I'll post if there are any further issues but it seems as though I may be back in business. Only took 4 months though.

The original download from dropbox contained only one file. The second download contained several. With the original, I only got the flashing green lights. With the second the update process began right away and within 10 minutes the camera was restarted and working properly. I haven't used it for any length of time yet, but it seems to be back to normal.

Back