F770 hardwired to a 2014 Dodge Durango help.

MoeBetterButter

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I have the Thinkware F770 dashcam and rear cam dardwired to the fuse box. The dashcams "parked recording feature" only works if it's hardwired. However, mine does not work. The shop that did the hardwire put the Accesory Cable in the F90/91 Rear Power Outlet fuse (the manual states it should go into the fuse used for audio/radio). They put the Battery Cable (B+) in the F83 Fuel Door fuse.
So my question to y'all is, did they use the correct fuses? My thought was that the battery Cable should have gone to the F81 Stop Lights fuse and the Accesory Cable go to the F67 CD/DVD fuse.

I'd like to get your opinions on what fuse should've been used. I installed everything and ran the hardwire to the fuse box, but let an audio shop actually plug the fuse because I didn't want to choose the wrong ones.

Check Parking mode is enabled in the settings first. If it is then the Battery wire is not connected to a fuse with constant power.

Get a multimeter and check the voltage, look for a fuse with a 12v reading with the car off.

Another way is to just run a wire directly to the battery, but add an inline fuse right after the terminal.

Almost certainly wired incorrectly either to the wrong points of the fuse box or back to front wiring which is very common as the wires are different colours to what you would expect!

Back