Fake A118c

Omar121212

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I have just brought an A118 c of amazon.
It seems like a nice bit of kit.
I am aware that there are lots of poorer quality versions of the same camera about.
I want to ensure that the camera I have got is the best possible copy.
I have 2 questions

1) This is the camera I have brought-
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00UUQD9L6Is this from a good company
2) What features should I look for to check for poor quality clone?
3) I am not having much luck in finding the latest firmware for this. Does anyone know a reputable source where I can find this.

many thanks

it's always best to get the firmware from the seller. we don't know if your camera is a copy or if it's an original from @viofo just with the auto-vox branding on it.

you can check the VERSION item in the menu to see what firmware is currently installed. maybe it's already up to date. it might help if you post the version number here.

if you're really worried, you can open the camera and make sure the main chip on the board is a Novatek 96650 or higher. lower model numbers or non-novatek chips indicate a cheap copy that you need to return immediately.

If I was buying an A118C/B40C from Amazon in the UK, @spytec would be high up on the list of preferred suppliers ('Fulfilled by Amazon').

We provided for AUTO-VOX for B40 last year, but then they switched to other manufacture, maybe cost less.
I can confirm their current version is not offered by us.

For A118C, we recommend buy from SpyTec, if look for better quality, please wait for our upgrade version A118C2, sample will be available at the end of this month.

Do you recommend blueskysea store (estore009 on Aliexpress) or his A118 not compatibile?

We provided for AUTO-VOX for B40 last year, but then they switched to other manufacture, maybe cost less.
I can confirm their current version is not offered by us.

For A118C, we recommend buy from SpyTec, if look for better quality, please wait for our upgrade version A118C2, sample will be available at the end of this month.

Hi, I have just organised to return my faulty Auto Vox A118c. I would like to replace it with a VIOFO version. Is this the correct SpyTec on Amazon? https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00SK8B47W
I may opt for the C2 but I think I want the wider angle on the previous model. I'll have to check out some sample videos posted on this forum

@viofo @spytec

Thanks!

A fake version of A118C have flat lens and original version from Viofo have curved. This is the ”curved” lens version:
A118C_Front_Quarter-300x199.jpg

enjoy,
Mtz

A fake version of A118C have flat lens and original version from Viofo have curved. This is the ”curved” lens version:
A118C_Front_Quarter-300x199.jpg

enjoy,
Mtz

fake version is also available with the same style lens so not a good way to tell, another problem is most of the sellers use the same stock photos they've been using all along and they don't always match the product anyway

Back