Faulty generic dash cam

davygravy09

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, sorry if is is in the wrong place,

I have a mirror mounted dash cam that's been fine for about 6months but now it's become faulty, and unsure if or how it can be fixed, it appears to be the same as the one in the link below.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00EV3ME60
The issue I have is when in the car, plugged into the power source, the dash cam just keeps rebooting, I.e. Turn it on, it brings up the welcome screen, after a couple of seconds it will turn off, reboot again, this just keeps repeating. However when I plug it in to my PC USB port it bring up an option menu, but will stay powers up until I disconnect it. Tested it on a usb socket adapter and it does exactly the same as it does when in the car, is there anything I can do? Treys the hard reset but mad no difference, I took it apart to look for broken wires etc but all looks ok. Thought about firmware but wouldnt know how to update it or were to even start looking as its a generic dash cam any ideas?

Many thanks

Dave

Thanks for the quick reply, Yes, it's exactly the same, just keeps rebooting

try again with no memory card and a different power supply, a USB phone charger or USB power bank are usually good for testing with

Tried it on a USB adapter to a mains supply but still does the same thing rebooting all the time

Pic attached

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    208.5 KB · Views: 15
The last time I had a cam keep rebooting it was a failed rechargeable battery - the cam was only a few months old.

Back