Few problems with G1WC

GiJoe05

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bought this a couple months ago from GearBest but never got around to using it.

Tried using it for the first time a couple of days ago and adjusted all the settings.

Two things I'm having problems with.

1) The date and time do not get saved. Every time the unit is turned off and not used for a bit, the date is always reset to 1/1/2000 every time its turned on. Is this how the capacitor model is or did I get a bad unit?

2). The frames per second seems low for some reason. Made sure its on 1080FHD. But for example if I turn on the wiper I can see a noticeable delay in reality vs what's shown on the screen. Same thing with any type of motion (moving vehicles, etc.)

Did I get a bad unit?

The date-time should be saved for several days at least. I believe someone reported 11 days and many have seen a week. The viewing screen on mine does show a slight delay- wipers make it look worse than usual. It takes time to process the digits from CMOS to screen so I think that's inherent. It's more like "almost real time", maybe 1-2 tenths of a second delay- not enough to matter to me.

Be sure your settings are for instant shutdown on power-off; I think you have to select that option otherwise you will lose the last file and maybe the date-time settings too. If you power-off with the button, you should see the "goodbye screen" for a moment which shows you that the capacitor is working OK. I don't ever see it when unplugging but it does save the last file anyway. If you can't get that then maybe the super-caps are bad.

Phil

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W G1WX 6
C G1WX 7
Sprag G1WX 9
E G1WX 11
E G1WX 0
Back