Firmware 129 Plus

Have u tried it
I updated my dashcam to FW V1.8_20220704 yesterday.
My car is a hybrid and my dashcam sometimes does not boot up when I start my car.
I have tried all boot up delay settings but I still have this issue with all previous FWs.
I will keep monitoring my dashcam boot up issue with this new V1.8_20220704.

My car is a hybrid and my dashcam sometimes does not boot up when I start my car.
I have tried all boot up delay settings but I still have this issue with all previous FWs.
Hmm, should not be relevant if hybrid or not.
Check the power supply and contact viofo I think.

Hi, I'm new, I live in Italy and yesterday I bought an A129 plus Duo from the VIOFO page of the Amaz.On Europe website.

The Dash Cam came with firmware 1.5, both for the front and rear cameras.
My device is a BUILD 2: 20211020

I read here in this thread that there is a firmware 1.8, but if I go to the official Viofo page

...the latest firmware available is just 1.5

Then I found this page

where there is 1.8 firmware...

I'm so confused... What is the truth? ‍♀️
Thanks to anyone who will be able to help me

Thanks,
it's the same link I mentioned in my previous post (the second link I wrote).
Why does the first link I wrote say that the last firmware available is 1.5? Is not the official page?

it's the same link I mentioned in my previous post (the second link I wrote).
It's the same link. New firmware is posted there earlier.
Why does the first link I wrote say that the last firmware available is 1.5? Is not the official page?
This is also an official page, it just hasn't been updated yet.

Reactions: gse
Ok, I upgraded to firmware version 1.8.

But ONLY the front camera is updated to 1.8, the rear camera is still version 1.5.
Is it normal or in Viofo are they used to doing messy things? (like two official pages - of two different Viofo domains! - to download the firmware, one of which is not updated, even if in Google Search it is the FIRST result of the search "A129 Plus Duo firmware")

Does the camera has this boot up issue always, or only happened recently?
Can you help to post a video to show the power on issue?

Does the camera has this boot up issue always, or only happened recently?
Can you help to post a video to show the power on issue?
This dashcam has this boot up issue from time to time soon after I bought it directly from Viofo.
It happens sometimes when I startup my hybrid car and the dashcam is not power up at all.
In these cases I have to press the power button to turn it on.
Since the dashcam does not power up at all with both power LED and Mic LED are off, a video would not help in these cases.
I have the hardwire installed to power it up and for low bitrate parking mode.
BTW, my dashcam still has the boot up issue with this new FW V1.8_20220704.

I bought a Viofo A129 Plus Duo two months ago from Amazon Australia because it was advertised as "2K 1440P 60fps+1080P 30fps". I wanted the 1440p/60fps for less motion blur. I just got to installing it today but before I did, I updated it to firmware Version: V1.8_20220706 (For build2 camera). This firmware removed the 1440p/60 fps option from the settings menu. What the heck is going on with that?! Is there a solution? Should I send it back? The key function that I bought it for has been removed.

I bought a Viofo A129 Plus Duo two months ago from Amazon Australia because it was advertised as "2K 1440P 60fps+1080P 30fps". I wanted the 1440p/60fps for less motion blur. I just got to installing it today but before I did, I updated it to firmware Version: V1.8_20220706 (For build2 camera). This firmware removed the 1440p/60 fps option from the settings menu. What the heck is going on with that?! Is there a solution? Should I send it back? The key function that I bought it for has been removed.
Flash firmware V1.5. Perhaps the option you need will return.
The firmware can be downloaded here:

Disable HDR and 1440p/60fps will be available!!
Thank you. The new firmware must have HDR on by default. What is better to have, HDR or the higher frame rate? I chose this camera for its resolution, higher frame rate, higher bit rate and reasonable price. I didn't consider the HDR aspect but I did note picture quality was better than its competitors, maybe HDR is the reason? I mainly drive by day.

Thank you. The new firmware must have HDR on by default. What is better to have, HDR or the higher frame rate? I chose this camera for its resolution, higher frame rate, higher bit rate and reasonable price. I didn't consider the HDR aspect but I did note picture quality was better than its competitors, maybe HDR is the reason? I mainly drive by day.
I keep 1440P60 2:19+1080P30 since I drive during daytime most of the time.
I believe HDR helps with low light (late afternoon and night time).

Hello.
I have a question about the firmware and configuration of the A129 Plus Duo. I have the non-eMMC version. Doesn't know what it means, but anyway. Does somebody use some custom firmware where it is possible to turn on HDR? I have installed the latest 1.8_20220704 from the official web site. I use CPL filter and in daytime video is normal but in night time all car plates is overlighted and I put expo -0.6 and it doesn't help. Maybe somebody can give advices. Thank You!

Hello.
I have a question about the firmware and configuration of the A129 Plus Duo. I have the non-eMMC version. Doesn't know what it means, but anyway. Does somebody use some custom firmware where it is possible to turn on HDR? I have installed the latest 1.8_20220704 from the official web site. I use CPL filter and in daytime video is normal but in night time all car plates is overlighted and I put expo -0.6 and it doesn't help. Maybe somebody can give advices. Thank You!
I turned on HDR on my A129 Plus Duo just fine with FW V1.8_20220704 (For build camera) installed.
I do not know why you cannot not turn on the HDR on my dashcam.

Hello.
Be sure front camera isn't set to 60fps.

I turned on HDR on my A129 Plus Duo just fine with FW V1.8_20220704 (For build camera) installed.
I do not know why you cannot not turn on the HDR on my dashcam.
In viofo app I have only WDR switch and haven't got HDR. Maybe I need to update app somehow? Where is possible to download latest version of app? Or maybe some other ideas how to fix that?

Back