Firmware 129 Plus

gse

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Dash Cam
Viofo 119V3
@viofo
In the next firmware, please move the speed and coordinate stamp to the left corner, and set the model stamp in the center.

Attachments

• 129 Plus2.jpg
    129 Plus2.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 185
It is not easy to solve this, better to also set the car license number and customize text, so the GPS stamp will be on the left.

Good evening guys.
Who knows if there is a difference in firmware for the simple version and the version with eMMC?
Is it possible to install the simple version on the eMMC version?
On the version with firmware eMMC v1.0 build * 20201027
Does anyone have a previous or next firmware for a simple version that is not on the official site?

Last edited:
Good evening guys.
Who knows if there is a difference in firmware for the simple version and the version with eMMC?
Is it possible to install the simple version on the eMMC version?
On the version with firmware eMMC v1.0 build * 20201027
Does anyone have a previous or next firmware for a simple version that is not on the official site?
I have the emmc version as well and would like to know.

I have the plus Duo with 16gb emmc version. Viofo customer service reps via email told me the firmware I updated from their website on this specific camera FRONT V1.1 Build: 20201125, & REAR V1.0-20201112 are not for this camera. They told me the correct firmware should be V1.1 for both front and rear. They gave me the link for the 16gb emmec version but it is the firmware I downloaded and copied to my SD card. I updated but it is the same v1.1 for front & v1.0 for rear.

If you want you can share the link and others (like me) can try as well.

New firmware for A129 Plus Duo appeard.

V1.4 firmware change log:
  1. Added: 2K 21:9 (2560x1080) video resolution
  2. Bug fix
I am very unlucky that there is no HDR feature and I've received information that there is no plan to implement HDR in this model.
Why not? Same sensor SONY STARVIS IMX335 is included in A119 V3 - with added HDR! :mad:
Moreover, new resolution should be also in 60 FPS!

I am very unlucky that there is no HDR feature and I've received information that there is no plan to implement HDR in this model.
Why not? Same sensor SONY STARVIS IMX335 is included in A119 V3 - with added HDR! :mad:
I can't find HDR (High Dynamic Range) in the settings section of the A119 V3 manual, I can only find WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) and this could be found in the manual of the A129 xxx as well, it comes with all of them.

WDR and HDR are more or less the same, well the results are similar not equal and WDR makes efforts on hardware while HDR makes efforts on software. In other words HDR is post-processing and WDR is the thing that happens in your hardware and delivers a picture/frame that is not good, but good enough for the purpose, a dashcam. Not what I would produce with Lightroom, Photoshop, Darktable, Rawtherapee or when we speak of videos with DaVinci Resolve. But I think you don't want 42-bit-movies filling your card in the dashcam in a few minutes. Already processed 24-bit-movies will do the job. You look for 8-bit-movies, well there are three colors.

I'm lazy here are some Links for you.

New firmware for A129 Plus Duo appeard.

V1.4 firmware change log:
  1. Added: 2K 21:9 (2560x1080) video resolution
  2. Bug fix
Moreover, new resolution should be also in 60 FPS!
HDR can be also implemented on A129 plus.

Should we wait for the HDR in the next firmware?
Is it possible to implement automatic activation of the HDR only for night time?

Hello there! I specifically bought this device because of its features and novelty in the product line. And we do not work HDR! Please make the function work! After all, our device is a novelty and the appart part is powerful and it allows you to do this. For , what did we all pay more for if the features don't work ?!

Reactions: gse
I can't find HDR (High Dynamic Range) in the settings section of the A119 V3 manual, I can only find WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) and this could be found in the manual of the A129 xxx as well, it comes with all of them.

WDR and HDR are more or less the same, well the results are similar not equal and WDR makes efforts on hardware while HDR makes efforts on software. In other words HDR is post-processing and WDR is the thing that happens in your hardware and delivers a picture/frame that is not good, but good enough for the purpose, a dashcam. Not what I would produce with Lightroom, Photoshop, Darktable, Rawtherapee or when we speak of videos with DaVinci Resolve. But I think you don't want 42-bit-movies filling your card in the dashcam in a few minutes. Already processed 24-bit-movies will do the job. You look for 8-bit-movies, well there are three colors.

I'm lazy here are some Links for you.
You are really very lazy! Just google "A119 V3 HDR"! Take a look: https://www.viofo.com/en/blog/true-hdr-is-implemented-in-a119-v3-b53.html

I know and it should be. Customers are expect it because hardware meets the requirements for implementing this feature.
That's why I'm very disappointed after I've received this email:

Bez tytułu.png

Hello there! I specifically bought this device because of its features and novelty in the product line. And we do not work HDR! Please make the function work! After all, our device is a novelty and the appart part is powerful and it allows you to do this. For , what did we all pay more for if the features don't work ?!
You did not buy A129 Plus because of HDR. Stop lying! When camera was launched the HDR was not offered. If Viofo wants to offer or not is their problem, but you didn't pay any cent for the HDR function. If you will receive it someday it will be for free and you have 0 (zero) rights to blame if that HDR function is working or not because you didn't paid for it!

You did not buy A129 Plus because of HDR. Stop lying! When camera was launched the HDR was not offered. If Viofo wants to offer or not is their problem, but you didn't pay any cent for the HDR function. If you will receive it someday it will be for free and you have 0 (zero) rights to blame if that HDR function is working or not because you didn't paid for it!
Be calm ! My English is not so good , but I didn't offend anyone. I expressed my opinion that I (people) choosing the Voifo technique voted with money for this choice and would like to see in the product working functions that are even in cheaper products from Viofo! Why do you react so painfully ? and especially for you..... I bought the equipment through the official store on Aliexpress, where this function is indicated in the description ! So, be a little more sensitive to people if you do not own the information in full! No one swears . People are waiting for this feature in the new product from Viofo and this is NORMAL!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210105_163603.jpg
    Screenshot_20210105_163603.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_20210105_163543.jpg
    Screenshot_20210105_163543.jpg
    427.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20210105_163716.jpg
    Screenshot_20210105_163716.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 52
Gospodin, maybe it's about WDR, not HDR. WDR is hardware, HDR is a software implementation. Is there WDR in the menu? If there isn't, Viofo has a problem.
I'm also interested by HDR feature in A129+. Maybe I'll change my mind and I'll buy one instead of A119V3.

I bought the equipment through the official store on Aliexpress, where this function is indicated in the description !
In your screesnshot from Aliexpress is this text:
широкий динамический диапазон = Wide Dynamic Range
You bought a camera with WDR. This WDR feature is already implemented in the menu of the camera you paid. You have no reasons to complain about a feature which is not advertised by Viofo.

HDR is another thing, it is this:
расширенный динамический диапазон = High Dynamic Range

People are waiting for this feature in the new product from Viofo and this is NORMAL!
No, it is not NORMAL! Viofo is not obliged to implement HDR because you or some others users want this. If Viofo will implement HDR feature then is possible users to complain again that the feature is not what they imagined and as I already see on A119 V3 users, they are not satisfied by HDR performance at least during day. So why to implement something which is affecting the brand image? When I see comments like yours I feel happy if something is not implemented just because people like you does not deserve this.

Last edited:
So why to implement something which is affecting the brand image? When I see comments like yours I feel happy if something is not implemented just because people like you does not deserve this.
Viofo sell and exists as known brand because it's recognized as a manufacturer who takes account of the wishes of users. They put in their firmwares many changes asked by users. They EVEN improved the firmware by the contributions of so-called hackers. So, chill out, dude, when it's about people's wishes. ;) Times change, bigger and stronger competitors enter the car camera market and soon Viofo is likely to have big problems... if they no longer take into account the wishes of users. They will become ... another common DVR brand. ;)

Viofo sell and exists as known brand because it's recognized as a manufacturer who takes account of the wishes of users.
I never saw a review which is saying that this is the reason why people are buying Viofo dashcams. You discovered Viofo few weeks ago, you dont know its history and which were the things which made Viofo a trusted brand.
People are not buying Viofo because they hope someday they hope Viofo will implement the feature they want. A119 V3 buyers can start asking for Wi-Fi implementation in that camera. Or A129 buyers can start asking for HDR implementation in A129 series, even both are impossible to be added.

The russian user was very mad because he bought Viofo dashcam and it does not have HDR implemented already. And he is yelling here that he wants HDR now because he paid for it. Nobody promised him that A129 Plus will have HDR so nobody asked him for more money for HDR.
what did we all pay more for if the features don't work ?!
Adding new features which were not included into the main project when camera was created can open can of worms which can turn against the good intentions of the manufacturer. Starting new threads on forums that the function is not working like user imagined. And when new users are doing search they see just the result of the implementation and can conclude that it is a poor quality camera.. I already saw such discussions so is more safe for the manufacturer to just keep the camera working as people expect for the money paid.

We'll see... how this trusted brand is and how much that counts in their future sales. And you're wrong, I know about this brand from years ago. For me a trusted brand is one that has customer service (their own or at least delegated, for warranty purposes) in the countries where it sells or at least on the continent. In Europe, Viofo is zero in this regard. Their products are sold through obscure online shops / sellers.
I also know what Gospodin said, I already answered to him before you about the confusion between WDR and HDR. ;)

Last edited:
Back