firmware 6.08

I use a low quality usb cable:banghead: from my USB power distribution.

if you can, you can try to measure the resistance of each wire in the cable.
many cable on market use thin cord and even cheap metal so the resistance will be much higner, then you will lose a lot of voltage on the cable

if you can, you can try to measure the resistance of each wire in the cable.
many cable on market use thin cord and even cheap metal so the resistance will be much higner, then you will lose a lot of voltage on the cable

even this is not safe, you can measure it now and can be fine, cheap cables too often use CCA wire, measure the same cable a few months later and the cable has started to oxidise and the added resistance causes it to lose conductivity and then the camera will start having problems due to power related issues, the camera often gets the blame when the reality is the poor quality cable that breaks down over time is the problem

short answer, don't buy cheap cables and expect them to last

CCA, means Copper Clad Aluminum
oh it is too expensive, they use Copper Clad Steel!
:p:p:p:p

We use OFC, it costs more but better to have something that will last, cheap products are cheap for a reason

even this is not safe, you can measure it now and can be fine, cheap cables too often use CCA wire, measure the same cable a few months later and the cable has started to oxidise and the added resistance causes it to lose conductivity and then the camera will start having problems due to power related issues, the camera often gets the blame when the reality is the poor quality cable that breaks down over time is the problem

short answer, don't buy cheap cables and expect them to last
Or put the voltage regulator at the end of the cable instead of the start! With a 12 volt cable and regulator at the camera end you could loose 5 volts in the cable and still have the correct voltage for the camera.

My MPH figure on the video is always at "0 MPH", but the GPS log file contains the correct speed...

It would be nice if the MPH figure on the video did not move sideways everytime a "1" appears in the time, eg every 10 seconds.

do you have the log file when the last lock up?

I think i do have it, seem like the last time it happened i did not format the card just reset the camera on the button.
The camera are in the car now, but i go for a drive shortly and i will bring the camera to the computer after that so you can get a copy of that log file.

My MPH figure on the video is always at "0 MPH", but the GPS log file contains the correct speed...
It's ok working here?

I've got almost 4 hours driving & 180 miles done today on this firmware and just going through the footage now - no issues to report and every file was closed correctly.

Frame 2017.06.10 11-27-09 (0-05-13.687).jpg
Frame 2017.06.10 20-48-29 (0-58-25.046).jpg

Last edited:
Or put the voltage regulator at the end of the cable instead of the start! With a 12 volt cable and regulator at the camera end you could loose 5 volts in the cable and still have the correct voltage for the camera.

and make installation more difficult, increase the chance of induced noise etc, far better just to use decent quality cable than try and think of workarounds to get away with using cheap crap :whistle:

Okay i have just been looking at the files on my memory card, and its a little wierd or maybe not.

1. i have a single file from the 2 of june thats evading recyclement, it must be a read only event file, so thats not really that wierd, but it might confuse some users as the file have nothing in its name to tell it is a event recording.
2. looking in the Novatek log folder things get confusing, just have a look at this.
0906_log.jpg

Now i am not really sure which LOG file to send to Rayman, but i think i will mail the bottom 6 ones to be sure.

With the new firmware things seem to be going along fine, so far i have not had a single failure to save last file properly.
I can see i will have to tear the camera apart again cuz i still have some blur at the very right side of the footage.
But other than that from today's short drive everything look perfect so far.

when the novatek camera bootup, it will creat 32pcs dummy files. (maybe chipset want to make sure there will be enough space for the logs?)
when a log creating, it will instead a dummy file, and a new dummy was creat there.

of course, the novatek log and dummy files will be removed in formal firmware, then the end users will not be annoyed.

Is anyone else seeing issues with the GPS data in Registrator Viewer (or is it wrong for everyone?)

In one of the previous screenshots the stamp on the video is correct:

frame-2017-06-10-11-27-09-0-05-13-687-jpg.31478

But the data in the file is out with the decimal places on both the North and West data (ie 53.547946 N is written as 5354.7946 N)

upload_2017-6-11_7-53-44.png

In Registrator Viewer it does show me as thousands of miles away from the UK

upload_2017-6-11_7-55-21.png

Actual speed in the GPS logs seems fine though.

Not sure if the fix coordinates is needed but it's miles out

Oh hang on I have an older RV On here - just trying 6.0.0.22

@kamkar1 - For viewing the read only files it's easy to add the attributes column to Windows Explorer - click the View Tab and then Add Columns and then Choose Columns (not sure if you use Windows in English but here's a pic):

upload_2017-6-11_9-2-49.png

Add the attributes item and click OK:
upload_2017-6-11_9-0-17.png

You can now easily see the read only files from the RA attributes in Explorer:

upload_2017-6-11_9-3-27.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-11_8-58-2.png
    upload_2017-6-11_8-58-2.png
    236.3 KB · Views: 4
  • upload_2017-6-11_8-59-8.png
    upload_2017-6-11_8-59-8.png
    77.1 KB · Views: 4
But the data in the file is out with the decimal places on both the North and West data (ie 53.547946 N is written as 5354.7946 N)
That is correct, like the date and time there is no separator between degrees and minutes, and instead of having seconds the minutes have a decimal point.

I'll have to do some investigation of mine showing 0 MPH on the video!

Read Only in Total Commander:

ReadOnly_Total Commander (x64) 9.0a .jpg

I did not notice any other or new bugs so far (except mentioned by others, eg. Firmware Version in the Menu pops up on the place above, text moves sideway every time a "1" appears in the time,etc)

- I have a problem with the windshield`s reflection, however I have CPL.
- Maybe I have to readjust the focus (hopefully), because of the blur (reg. plates are hardly visible)

2017-06-11 16_44_52-20170611_115518.jpg 2017-06-11 16_56_33-20170611_105518_0238A.jpg 2017-06-11 16_57_52-20170611_105818_0239A.MOV.jpg

if you could, you can change the 1k resistors to 470R, that will increase the LED lights to 0806 level
Could you point the resistors out on a photo?

Back