firmware 6.08

My MPH figure on the video is always at "0 MPH", but the GPS log file contains the correct speed...

Hi Nigel,
do you have the video & GPS log & novatek log?

Hi Nigel,
do you have the video & GPS log & novatek log?
Yes, I have them, the GPS log has correct values, the video shows 0MPH and I don't see anything interesting in the novatek log. I will do a bit more testing and try to work out why mine is different to Reverend's before I send you some files. I didn't drive the car yesterday and the speed correctly shows 0MPH when not moving so I can't test it without a drive.

Would it be possible to have a different sound for locking the file using the remote button? The camera sound is good, but the very short beep for lock is not easy to hear when you are going fast, maybe a padlock sound, or prison doors locking! Or maybe 3 beeps would be OK.

Also, is it possible to have a shutdown sound on high temperature shutdown? Currently I can hear when it turns back on, but I don't know that it has turned off and is no longer doing its job - if I could hear it shutdown then I could turn the air conditioning up or open the windows to get it working again, it not good to find out that you were driving with no recording. (I haven't changed the resistor yet so mine still stops in hot weather.)

Would it be possible to have a different sound for locking the file using the remote button? The camera sound is good, but the very short beep for lock is not easy to hear when you are going fast, maybe a padlock sound, or prison doors locking! Or maybe 3 beeps would be OK.

Also, is it possible to have a shutdown sound on high temperature shutdown? Currently I can hear when it turns back on, but I don't know that it has turned off and is no longer doing its job - if I could hear it shutdown then I could turn the air conditioning up or open the windows to get it working again, it not good to find out that you were driving with no recording. (I haven't changed the resistor yet so mine still stops in hot weathe
r.)

Very good idea!

Today's heat test at 35C in shade and 65C on the sunny asphalt.
Car was of course parked in sun with the windshield facing direction of the sun so it could be extra warm.
Dashboard measured to 95C and and the body temperature of the 906 was 65C, before it was turned on.
Screen saver was set 15 second and full power on ac to keep myself cool (most important).

I was driving 15 minuted in the direction of the sun, so the cam could get most heat. After that opposite direction for 45 minute, but no shut down. Everything worked perfect.
Max internal temperature 90C.:)
@Rayman.Chan (y)(y)(y) Tell the team "Good job"
90C.JPG

Last edited:
Im heading out for another drive soon, but sadly no summer sun to bake the 0906.

It might just be me ? but i seem to have noticed faster cold GPS connections, i am looking into this as good as can be done without a stop watch.

Mine still take just over 3 minutes to lock at home - I need to remove the mount and clean the windscreen up of old sticky crap and then remount it so I'll try and relocate it to see if it improves.

It probably isn't helped by where we live in all honesty

Got a new nice record from 906.

Also, is it possible to have a shutdown sound on high temperature shutdown? Currently I can hear when it turns back on, but I don't know that it has turned off and is no longer doing its job - if I could hear it shutdown then I could turn the air conditioning up or open the windows to get it working again, it not good to find out that you were driving with no recording. (I haven't changed the resistor yet so mine still stops in hot weather.)
I'll have to retract this one, today I heard it shutdown due to high temperature, then I heard it start back up about 4 minutes later, then at the end of the journey, 15 minutes later it shutdown with no sound!

I've also discovered that my speed was 0MPH because I had the GPS set to "LOG ONLY". Does that mean that I can't have the speed displayed unless I also have the coordinates displayed on the video? I would like to have speed without the coordinates...

adding lock file sound and unlock sound.
and please notice the high temperature MCU will send a signal to DSP to power off, which signal is same as when you hold the power button. So after we add the high temperature shutdown sound, when you manually power off camera by hold power button, the sound will appear then. I think this will not be a big deal?

I've also discovered that my speed was 0MPH because I had the GPS set to "LOG ONLY". Does that mean that I can't have the speed displayed unless I also have the coordinates displayed on the video? I would like to have speed without the coordinates...

when you sent the GPS stamping to LOGONLY, the GPS data will not be shown on video.
at the same time, the speed can be set to MPH or KM/H per your setting.

we may found a bug there, under testing now.

Could you add back the function, short press on power bottom to toggle between Front, Rear and off, when you use screen saver.

Could you add back the function, short press on power bottom to toggle between Front, Rear and off, when you use screen saver.

yes we noticed this, will update in next version

Hi guys, a small request, may I know the dimension of the most used coin there? diameter and thickness.

we may need to add a small slot on the rear cam then the users can easier adjust the facing direction with a coin cliping in.
like this:
coin.jpg

in China it is D25*H1.9mm for 1yuan

Hi guys, a small request, may I know the dimension of the most used coin there? diameter and thickness.

we may need to add a small slot on the rear cam then the users can easier adjust the facing direction with a coin cliping in.
like this:
View attachment 31567

Good idea, 1€ coin:
Diameter 23.25 mm
Thickness 2.33 mm

adding lock file sound and unlock sound.
and please notice the high temperature MCU will send a signal to DSP to power off, which signal is same as when you hold the power button. So after we add the high temperature shutdown sound, when you manually power off camera by hold power button, the sound will appear then. I think this will not be a big deal?
Yes, not a big deal, the same sound makes sense.

However I think it has a sound already, but sometimes it plays the sound after it has turned off so you don't hear it, the same problem when you turn the power off - playing the shutdown sound is unreliable. (Novatek SJCAM cameras are often unreliable at playing the shutdown sound too, Gitup seems to have the problem fixed.)

Last edited:
The coin I normally use is D25 * H2.0 (2p), but I suggest D25 * H2.1, then other coins will also work OK.

Don't use a lot of coins any more though!

US quarter size is 24.26mm X 1.75mm.

Don't user them anymore. we got electronic meter now.

Thanks guys,
then it will be like this
6.15.jpg

The 2 screw holes in the picture above arnt they counter sunk in the wrong side ? i mean i think that surface pointing up are where the camera will contact what ever you install it on.

I think that grey thing in the cad drawing are there to illustrate the wire connection point

Back