Firmware Update 16 March 2023

DashCamOwnersAustralia

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Street Guardian SG9667DC2K
Just an FYI Street Guardian added a firmware update back in march that I only just noticed while checking their site on a whim.

I'm not sure what adjustments were made, perhaps @Street Guardian USA has some info.

It can be downloaded from their support page.

Edit: I couldn't get it to update using the TERRIBLE instructions included. Maybe others will have more luck.

Another Edit: After a whole bunch of stuffing around I was able to get the front cam only updated to 1.12

Last edited:
And this is the woeful state of Street Guardian today, reply to a post 20 days later only to state the firmware they released to their customers was a dud.

I used to use TapaTalk to get instant notifications from this form, but that no longer works and sometimes don’t get emails. The firmware wasn’t a dud. It just was not packaged in the zip correctly.

Just a note there are no instructions in the download so you need to follow these ones I took from the previous firmware.

______ __ _____ ___
/ __/ /________ ___ / /_ / ___/_ _____ ________/ (_)__ ____
_\ \/ __/ __/ -_) -_) __/ / (_ / // / _ `/ __/ _ / / _ `/ _ \
/___/\__/_/ \__/\__/\__/ \___/\_,_/\_,_/_/ \_,_/_/\_,_/_//_/

Street Guardian SG9667DC2K (FWSGDC2K.bin, RearcamDC2KFW.bin, RearcamDC2KFW.update)

************************************************************************************************

To update the firmware the process is as follows

• Extract the zipped firmware file downloaded from our website
• Delete any files from the memory card
• Copy the firmwares FWSGDC2K.bin, RearcamDC2KFW.bin & RearcamDC2KFW.update files to the empty memory card (Linux/Chromebook users rename file to FWSGDC2K.BIN, RearcamDC2KFW.BIN &RearcamDC2KFW.UPDATE)
• Insert the card to camera; there are 2 parts to update the firmware
• Connect to power (do not disconnect power at any time during update process)
• Camera will power on, screen will remain blank while updating
• After about 30seconds, camera will startup as per normal (this is the end of the 1st part of firmware update)
• Press 'MIC', a notice will come on screen saying 'Update sent to TX' (this is the beginning of the 2nd part of firmware update)
• About 30seconds another notice will come on saying update to TX has finished, screen will go blank
• Street Guardian logo will come on indicating firmware update is done
• Stop any active recording
• Enter settings menu and format the memory card
• Enter settings menu and reset default settings
• Any personalised settings will then need to be re-entered
• If using GPS ensure time is synced before use, (format the memory card again after the time has synced)
• Process is complete

*** Memory cards can be reset and checked for errors by doing a full overwrite erase using SDFormatter, http://bit.ly/SDformatter ***

*** Memory cards must be formatted in camera before use ***

Has Street Guardian stated why the firmware update was released and is there any noticeable improvements to the camera.

I'll ask the office to repackage the zip download to include the instructions and change log.

It fixed a bug where the date time stamp would disappear when using certain time zones. (that was the main bug I submitted)

gee great communication, this company seems to have taken a complete 180 degree U turn since rick left us. prices of cams are going up up and away pricing themselves out of the market, why?? service seems to be going down. unfortunately ive gone viofo now sadly.

Which of these files do I copy to the memory card when updating the firmware for the front camera only?
1693729709801.png

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Street Guardian USA SG9667DC2K 7
Back