First time Buyer, help needed

Plum

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey there,
I just bought a new car and keeping it as a life long car and was looking to get a dash cam for it.
I have been looking around but can't seem to decide on what to get.
The features I'm mostly looking at are:
1. Good quality 1080p minimum
2. Good day and night recording quality
3. It can be hardwired so it starts when my car starts
4. Seamless recording and looping
5. Doesn't need parking mode or wifi, usually parking in secure places
6. Screen and gps is optional
7. Nice and discreet size, I like the look and size of the Blackvues
8. Only want front facing camera
9. Budget of about $200AUD

Not sure if anything fits these things I'm looking for... Thanks for helping out

SG9665GC or Viofo A119 on top of my head within the price range and a wedge form factor that can be somewhat discrete; depending on the car.

....2. Good day and night recording quality.....

To me, 'Video quality' comprises three main things:
1. Field of view.
2. Ability to capture details.
3. Ability to create a good image at night.

Unfortunately there's a trade-off because increasing one of the three often adversely affects one or both of the others.

Whatever you choose, I would recommend a cam with a capacitor rather than a battery.

I don't know what's available in your market or at what price, but I would suggest a closer look at the following:

Street Guardian SG9665GC or SGZC12RC.
JooVuu X.
Mobius C2 converted to capacitor.

But bear in mind that no cam is perfect - I can find things to grumble about with every cam I've seen or used.

But bear in mind that no cam is perfect - I can find things to grumble about with every cam I've seen or used.

I agree, no matter how much you spend there is no perfect camera, there are strengths and weaknesses in every single product without exception

http://www.strathfieldcarradios.com.au/

Have a look at these and see what you think. I doubt if you will find it cheaper anywhere else. Of course you can try, because you never know. I bought mine from them and had no trouble with them at all. It comes with eveything you need to get it going in the car except it doesn't come with a hardwiring kit,but they are pretty easy to get .

Last edited:
SG9665GC or Viofo A119 on top of my head within the price range and a wedge form factor that can be somewhat discrete; depending on the car.
Street Guardian SG9665GC or SGZC12RC.
JooVuu X.
Mobius C2 converted to capacitor.

I've looked up all these suggestions and I'm more drawn to the SG9665GC the video quality just looks sharper to me.

Thank you everyone for your help :D

Back