Flipped, Reversed or Unmirrored images and footages of rear camera

MVistanPH

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Hello everyone. New guy here in this forum. I am glad to have found out about this forum and hope I am able to get good advice for my situation.

I am using Lenovo V7 Plus Full Screen Mirror Dashcam. I would say that the unit works as advertised. It's just that I am hoping to improve the rearview footage by replacing the stock rear camera that comes with it. So i bought a 4 pin Ekleva Rear camera which based on the comments it generally works well with the kind and brand of dashcam I am using. I say "generally" because a couple of reviews says the footage is inverted when viewed from the monitor. I disregarded that and went ahead in buying as I thought the negative comments are far way outweighed by the positive ones.

But there is where I was wrong, unfortunately. When the camera arrived I tested it and while it gives better and crispier resolution than the stock Lenovo rear camera its images and footage are flipped. Images that are supposed to be on my left are shown on the right. See attached pictures for reference. I sought the seller's advise and was informed that the camera is designed for their android dashcams and that they cannot guarantee it will work with my brand despite cases where it worked fine with other Lenovo users. The Lenovo dashcam I am using does not have function or settings to flip the image.

Here's what I have tried already:
1. I opened the wire sheat of the camera and tried rewiring the black, red, and yellow wires hoping it can reverse whatever - no go
2. I tried using the cam I bought to another dashcam with 4 pin wire, it shows reversed images still

What I plan to do next is to get a 3.5mm to 2.5mm jack so I can plug in the camera to a laptop or android cellphone hoping that it will recognize the camera then I can flip the image it takes and perhaps it will carry over to the dashcam.

I hope to get some further advise from anyone who may have had the same experience. THanks a lot!

Attachments

• Reveresed Image 2.PNG
    Reveresed Image 2.PNG
    227.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Reversed Image 1.PNG
    Reversed Image 1.PNG
    234.3 KB · Views: 10
Back