Formatted microsd (16gb) card almost full?

Let me tell you an easier way to do it when it says "Card Full". Press and hold "Menu". Then, push the "Reset" button, but, continue to hold the menu until the camera re-starts. The camera will start in menu screen. What you did is, by the time the processor of the camera wakes up to give you the "Card Full" message, it is too late. You were faster than the camera by holding down the menu button. So, the camera starts in menu screen and no more "Card Full" message. Then, while you are on menu screen, press menu again to take you to the second menu screen where the word "Format" is located. Go ahead and format the card through the camera. Put a note how to do it because this problem will be there every time you format your card through Windows 10. Until of course they come up with an update.

Let me tell you an easier way to do it when it says "Card Full". Press and hold "Menu". Then, push the "Reset" button, but, continue to hold the menu until the camera re-starts. The camera will start in menu screen. What you did is, by the time the processor of the camera wakes up to give you the "Card Full" message, it is too late. You were faster than the camera by holding down the menu button. So, the camera starts in menu screen and no more "Card Full" message. Then, while you are on menu screen, press menu again to take you to the second menu screen where the word "Format" is located. Go ahead and format the card through the camera. Put a note how to do it because this problem will be there every time you format your card through Windows 10. Until of course they come up with an update.
it's always best to format a card in the device you'll be using it in, whether it's a smartphone, camera, dashcam, or whatever. that way it's guaranteed to have the proper filesystem on it for the device.

it's always best to format a card in the device you'll be using it in, whether it's a smartphone, camera, dashcam, or whatever. that way it's guaranteed to have the proper filesystem on it for the device.
Thanks for your reply and your input. Definitely is correct what you said. No doubt. Unfortunately, the camera sometimes can give error "Card Full" as soon as you insert a brand new card that you just purchased. Some people turn to blame the card that may not be compatible and frustration starts. And they have no way how to format it inside the camera simply because no button responds. I read the problem of this person and the replies he received and realized that even the manufacturer couldn't give him an easy and fast solution. The manufacturer asked him if the card is genuine. Then he asked him to format it. How can he format it if the camera doesn't respond. The camera says "Card Full" and the buttons don't respond. By restarting or resetting the camera, the problem remains. Even the manufacturer didn't fully understand the problem of the user because the user didn't go into details to explain that once this error message appears, there is no response from the camera. Anyway, when I read all those back and forth answers, I though I could step in and help him until the manufacturer [Hopefully] one day understands what the problem is with the firmware and make an update. And it is nice of you to recommend that it is best to format the card in each device it belongs to. Also, I ought to tell you, your place makes the best calculators by far.
By the way, who said: Houston we've had a problem? Where is this quote comes from? It sounds familiar. Is it from Apollo mission?

Also, I ought to tell you, your place makes the best calculators by far.
By the way, who said: Houston we've had a problem? Where is this quote comes from? It sounds familiar. Is it from Apollo mission?
I applied for but never got a job at Texas instruments after high school. Most people who love calculators love the old HPs with reverse polish notation. Never used one of those myself though.

And yes it's from Apollo 13, said by the mission commander, I think it was Jim Lovell.

Back