FORUM FEEDBACK

I quit and relaunched my browser (Firefox) but it didn't help at all. When I pasted the same text back into my post in the restarted browser I got the same error message and it didn't go away until I posted different text.
Dunno. Maybe web based gremlins? :wacky:

Hi...I updated an add-on yesterday and I think it caused this issue. Just backed it out now. It looks resolved on my end. Let me know if it persists.

Don't know if it will help with diagnostics, but the same happened here last night. I copied sections of my post, deleted them, and repeated until all I had left was my name- then it posted. I hit edit, pasted the copied text and that went through. Win 8.1 and latest FF browser.

Phil

Really missing the favicon and alert counter on tab with this new forum. I have many tabs open all the time and always find the DCT tabs by seeing that favicon and know right away if I have any alerts.

Is there an option to stop the rarely used top menu from appearing which also uses valuable real estate

Will look into getting the favicon back. I don't think there is an option to hide the top menu. Didn't think it wastes that much space once you scroll down...just a bar.

Will look into getting the favicon back.
THANK YOU! It looks MUCH better now!
I don't think there is an option to hide the top menu. Didn't think it wastes that much space once you scroll down...just a bar.
To me, the top menu is good as is. Sticky to top is great to have so you dont have to scroll back to the top all the time.

Also found another problem. A little css change needed for Shades of Grey (blue) 1.9. While typing in the reply box, if you highlight text, its white on white. Works fine in normal message, blue on white. I noticed this from highlighting your quote to copy/paste and split.

Holy smoke! I don't know why but I just got 43 email thread notifications all at once :eek: And I thought that it was just a slow time for the forums when I seemed to lack the usual number of emails :p :ROFLMAO:

I do have one 'complaint' to add. I'm a rotten typist and I rely heavily on the spell-checker to keep my posts readable. It used to hardly miss an error but now it's only highlighting maybe 15% of what it used to including many errors where there is no such word like I typed. Is this a forum function or does that work with my FF browser? I'm not seeing anything different with the other sites I use.

@DashCamMan, I came upon a missing feature I hope you might be able to restore. Previously, if you wanted to provide a link to another post from anywhere on the forums you could click on the post number and a small window would launch with the URL for that specific post that you could then copy and paste into a new thread or perhaps an email. Now, when you click on the post number within a thread it brings you right back to the same post.

@DashCamMan, I came upon a missing feature I hope you might be able to restore. Previously, if you wanted to provide a link to another post from anywhere on the forums you could click on the post number and a small window would launch with the URL for that specific post that you could then copy and paste into a new thread or perhaps an email. Now, when you click on the post number within a thread it brings you right back to the same post.

right click the post number and choose 'copy link address' (or whatever the equivalent is in your OS/browser) and it will copy the link to the clipboard ready to paste without you having to have a popup open etc, it's quicker

Last edited:
right click the post number and choose 'copy link address' (or whatever the equivalent is in your OS/browser) and it will copy the link to the clipboard ready to past without you having to have a popup open etc, it's quicker

OK, that works. Thanks.

Holy smoke! I don't know why but I just got 43 email thread notifications all at once :eek: And I thought that it was just a slow time for the forums when I seemed to lack the usual number of emails :p:ROFLMAO:

I do have one 'complaint' to add. I'm a rotten typist and I rely heavily on the spell-checker to keep my posts readable. It used to hardly miss an error but now it's only highlighting maybe 15% of what it used to including many errors where there is no such word like I typed. Is this a forum function or does that work with my FF browser? I'm not seeing anything different with the other sites I use.

The thread notifications was likely due to some background processes that were not running. They were corrected today so perhaps the flood of emails was due to that.

Not sure on the spell checking. Should be the browser doing that not the forum.

THANK YOU! It looks MUCH better now!

To me, the top menu is good as is. Sticky to top is great to have so you dont have to scroll back to the top all the time.

Also found another problem. A little css change needed for Shades of Grey (blue) 1.9. While typing in the reply box, if you highlight text, its white on white. Works fine in normal message, blue on white. I noticed this from highlighting your quote to copy/paste and split.

The highlighting should work now in the shades of grey theme.

@DashCamMan
found it here:
.fr-wrapper ::-moz-selection{background:#dedede;color:#dedede;}
.fr-wrapper ::selection{background:#dedede;color:#dedede}

Need to change the color on those.

Edit: Or White on Green :)
Works too!

Is it possible to show a member’s country/location when viewing via mobile version of this site?

Also, I tried to use the “Show Desktop Version“ of this site for both iOS Safari and iOS Chrome but the request isn’t obeyed. Mobile version continues to show no matter what which doesn’t include the location of the member. Is this something you can enable?
I also don’t seem to be able to view the full profile of someone when mobile either.

I‘m trying to quicky figure out if someone is a USA Customer or not for example. Tapatalk doesn’t show member location either but they have a open in Safari option.

Last edited:
Is it possible to show a member’s country/location when viewing via mobile version of this site?

Also, I tried to use the “Show Desktop Version“ of this site for both iOS Safari and iOS Chrome but the request it’s not obeyed. Mobile version continues to show no matter what which doesn’t include the location of the member. Is this something you can enable?
I also don’t seem to view the full profile of someone when mobile either.

I‘m trying to quicky figure out if someone is a USA Customer or not for example. Tapatalk doesn’t show member location either but they have a open in Safari option.

Will look into this. I believe this is due to the responsive design that hides info on mobile. I will see if it can get exposed.

Will look into this. I believe this is due to the responsive design that hides info on mobile. I will see if it can get exposed.

the report post function is no longer available from Tapatalk (that stopped about a month ago), not sure if that's a Tapatalk thing maybe, open in browser does still work on the Android version though

The Tapatalk plug-in is a beta version for the updated Xenforo. Perhaps the report function will be reintroduced....really up to them.

iOS Tapatalk seems to work ok for reporting

e3a565a5a41ae4179de99a6251742998.jpg

20a64ddcb47b5cc58801879cdf528172.jpg

Back