Found this Magnetic Polarizer Filter

borland

Reaction score
Country
United States
Found this smaller magnetic circular polarizer. GGS size is 22mm. Haven't decided if I'm going to install it or use it. Seems to be perfect fit. The magnetic ring only covers up couple holes in the case. About $7 shipped on eBay. Search "GGS magnetic polarizer 22mm".
2cxjouv.jpg

Here's the ring over the lens. Metal ring shown still has the paper cover over the double sided tape. You can see the three magnets and groove on the lens holder.
2920j1w.jpg

Here's with the ring back in place on the filter.
2z7oe4g.jpg

Looks great...and has a great price;)

Have you tried it out....how's the image...could you post some pics

Found this smaller magnetic circular polarizer. GGS size is 22mm. Haven't decided if I'm going to install it or use it. Seems to be perfect fit. The magnetic ring only covers up couple holes in the case. About $7 shipped on eBay.

That look great - if you are in the US. For some reason they want about twice as much money again to post it to the UK.

Is there a UK source of these?

Unfortunately, their price is about the same as the US price plus the expensive postage.

I'll keep searching.... I think its a difficult measure....the larger ones are cheap

This GGS brand filter is made in China, so you might find a seller in China or in the UK.

I measure the metal ring. It measures 20mm I.D. x 24mm O.D. Hope that helps.

@borland wow looks like a perfect fit. The sticky metal ring goes right on without the need of further support.

The main question is how well does it work as a CPL? Spin it around, do you see any change from the dashboard reflection below?

Yes, if I rotate it while pointing to the blue sky, I can see a point where the sky dims. Just what you'd expect from a polarizer. So you can probably find a good compromise (sweet spot) between reducing the reflected dash slightly while not overly dimming the camera's view.

I have had the camera for only a short period of time. So, haven't installed it in my car. I'm waiting for my 12v to mini USB power supply so I can install the power adapter under my overhead console and hardwired to the factory harness that leads to the auto dimming rear view mirror (switched +12v).

Just ordered mine from the US...tru ebay......all including post and packaging €14,41 in British pounds that would be 11,88.
Not as cheap as in the US but acceptable.

Just ordered mine from the US...tru ebay......all including post and packaging €14,41 in British pounds that would be 11,88.
Not as cheap as in the US but acceptable.[/quote

Ordered one yesterday and it shipped same day. That was quick. Can't wait to see the difference.

I just got my Mini 0810 installed. Hardwired it to the factory harness for the auto dimming mirror (switched +12v power and ground) using a 12v/3A mini USB adapter. My car has an overhead console, so there was an easy way to tap the wires and place the converter there.

2dwennb.jpg

Can only see the GPS mount from the driver's seat.

28wngp3.jpg

Videos seem very good. Not much reflection off the windshield of the dash board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is stealthy as well....cant't wait until I receive the filter....due to the metal ring I'll probably use a magic marker ;)

Attachments

• 20140119_094837.jpg
    20140119_094837.jpg
    465.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 20140119_094844.jpg
    20140119_094844.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 20140119_094932.jpg
    20140119_094932.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 20140119_095005.jpg
    20140119_095005.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 70
I've ordered it from ebay and bitten the bullet on the postage... will report back when I have it.

Works good, I have very bad reflection of my dashboard onto the windshield, this filter removed it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
foofi Mini 0801 0
Back