FoxOffer Dome G90 Dashcam Review - A7LA30, OV4689 CMOS

Of course no problem you buy from others, I just want to know where to get A7LA70 version, I didn't see someone sell this version, look forward to see your review,

Is that the reason why the sound seems somewhat erratic on some of the footage? Sometimes it sounds muffled and in other times it sounds

I can tell that this is not the case, i just checked that through HDMI cable directly and same problem persists with sound.
Microphone is very sensitive and it can hear weak sounds from outside of car, but even if your radio is at normal volume level it breaks sound.

Does Billknow knows what is this problem with sound and can it be adjusted?
Personally i don't mind but it would be nice to have clear sound. And yes, my G90 is from foxoffer if you wondering.

Last edited:
Noticed a strange one - the image seemed a bit blurry after a 90 minute drive, and then after 20 mins with the car sat and restarted the image seems to sharpen up again.

s6oo03.jpg

dvjyae.jpg

And found this one quite fitting of the HDR effect in the daytime:
14bum12.jpg

You can see the two images overlaid on the lorry!

I don't like that 3D image. It hurts to look at them.

About the focus on image, it could be due to temperature although that's issue with cheaper dashcams like my C600 that sometimes fluctuates from blurry to sharp depending upon drive time.
If you see the same thing again after driving for a while and then it focuses after the car is off for sometime, then it could be heat causing that.

Yep, sorry @billknow - you know I'd buy from FoxOffer if I could!!;)
I'd spotted this post:-

So I contacted SZDome for details about where I could buy a G90 with the A7LA70 chipset. They couldn't direct me to a reseller so I've purchased an early 'sample' from them.:D

interesting as they've been saying samples of this model aren't going to be available for another month yet

About the focus on image, it could be due to temperature although that's issue with cheaper dashcams like my C600 that sometimes fluctuates from blurry to sharp depending upon drive time.
If you see the same thing again after driving for a while and then it focuses after the car is off for sometime, then it could be heat causing that.

by product of a cheaper lens normally

But the IQ is still being improved, the most excellent video quality is to be continued. For whom have got samples, I'll provide updated firmware once have.

Yup, our engineers keep improving both hardware and software, A7LA50 & A7LA70 video quality will become better and better.

That's bad, you are connecting some of our staffs at the same time.
I said "sample is available", then I can provide it -- this is truth.
I DO hope that, customers will value our products, bcz each of our dash cam is the results of our hard work.

Mass production sample will be later, test sample is faster.
Oh, I cannot divulge too many secrets of our company any more. :D

People who want a sample for self use, we suggest to buy from our on-line stop, such as AliExpress. For test before order, welcome to contact us directly, bcz we know our products better.

offering engineering samples to private end users I don't think is a good idea, I'm sure you know things often change before production

yup.
That's why I say so "People who want a sample for self use, we suggest to buy from our on-line stop, such as AliExpress. For test before order, welcome to contact us directly, bcz we know our products better."

yup.
That's why I say so "People who want a sample for self use, we suggest to buy from our on-line stop, such as AliExpress. For test before order, welcome to contact us directly, bcz we know our products better."

yes you did, doesn't seem like you mean it though when you read this

Yep, sorry @billknow - you know I'd buy from FoxOffer if I could!!;)
I'd spotted this post:-

So I contacted SZDome for details about where I could buy a G90 with the A7LA70 chipset. They couldn't direct me to a reseller so I've purchased an early 'sample' from them.:D

yes you did, doesn't seem like you mean it though when you read this
@jokiin and @Doreen - I posted my earlier comment as I thought it would be interesting to see how the G90-7S compared with my Mini 0803, and also how it compared with the G90 video footage/findings provided by @reverend .

Looks like I have 'jumped the gun' a bit and caused some grief in the DCT community, sorry!!

I certainly did not want this to degenerate into an argument about 'samples' and who has posted what! All I was trying to do was give a 'heads-up'.
I will have a private conversation with Doreen at SZDome about the development status of their G90-7s and make a decision from there....

Last edited:
No grief at all, I do know what engineering samples are like though and early failure and development changes are commonplace, not always representative of what the production product will actually end up as

As you all know, firmware can be kept improving, even after mass production, after shipment - to make customers satisfied. Our G90 (A7LA70), except IQ, nothing will be changed.
I am frank to you all, both here and in a private conversation.

Last edited:
Back