FW-2.30, MP4 - Loop Recording Disabled - Why?

AgentSmith007

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Pro Duo, A119 V1/2/3
Hi everybody,

I had firmware 2.25 on my Mobius. Video format was MP4. Loop recording was on (enabled).
I just updated to FW-2.30 and found out that loop recording was disabled for MP4 format.
What was the reason to do that?

Thanks.

Only .MOV format should be used in loop-recording mode. MP4 results in a 1 to 2 second gap between consecutive clips.

Sods Law dictates that the crucial evidence in an incident won't be recorded if MP4 is selected, as it took place during those 1 to 2 seconds.

mSetup has probably been updated to stop users making inappropriate choices.

Hi everybody,

I had firmware 2.25 on my Mobius. Video format was MP4. Loop recording was on (enabled).
I just updated to FW-2.30 and found out that loop recording was disabled for MP4 format.
What was the reason to do that?

Thanks.
Loop recording with mp4 never worked correctly but wasn't noticed until v2.30. It's a problem with the low level codes from the chip manufacturer and can't be corrected by firmware alone.
When it was noticed it was disabled, but one can't go back to previous versions and also disable it there. That's another good reason to always update to the latest version so you know it doesn't work. If you use mSetup the tooltip will inform you that mp4 won't work in loop mode - obviously only if you have the latest firmware version loaded.

Thanks for reply guys.
Thanks Isoprop for great support.

Back