G1W-C is my cam original?

patrocle

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello i got a cam from Amazon (black box seller) and wondering if is real or fake. To me looks is the real one.

Here is some info:
Firmware: G1WC-DA380-15051201JR

2nrempc.jpg

slptvb.jpg

o555w6.jpg

Now, sd card i use:
Samsung 64GB EVO Class 10 Micro SDXC Card
And not sure why or if anyone else get this: some files play okay and some don't like they are corrupted .
Pic:
2nsmjxy.jpg

Any advice on this and if the cam is real will appreciate!
Thanks
P.

Last edited:
640x480???
1080p is 1920x1080p @ 30fps.

Use mediainfo for file properties.

I have edited the main post,as i was doing testing and forgot to change back to 1080p while taken the pic.

So you think is real deal? or...

Also the files, i notice that in 32gb it does the same some files are okay and some are not playable

If it records at 1920x1080p @ 30 fps, it's real.
It's different thing whether it works or not as expected.
Way too many versions.
Try different SD card.

Ok, i see ... regarding the real cam, good to know that info!
I also read that the real cam should have the date/time on the left down on the screen,and the plate number on the right / lower side witch i see my cam has,but had to ask.

Now regarding the SD card , all must be formatted to : fat32 and 32kb ?

Thanks,

That's exactly what i used for my 64gb card to formatted. Also have a 32gb will format and use it to see if i still get those not playable files.

That's exactly what i used for my 64gb card to formatted. Also have a 32gb will format and use it to see if i still get those not playable files.

Are those corrupt files all last files or happens randomly ?
Samsung EVO 64Gb is hit and miss for dashcams. For some people it works, for some not. Best if you try 32Gb Class 10 microsd formatted inside dashcam.

Are those corrupt files all last files or happens randomly ?
Samsung EVO 64Gb is hit and miss for dashcams. For some people it works, for some not. Best if you try 32Gb Class 10 microsd formatted inside dashcam.
Randomly.
I have this too:
Transcend 32GB MicroSDHC Class10
Will have to try it.

"32Gb Class 10 microsd formatted inside dashcam." > Will try this too, on the 32gb one.

Thank you for your advice.

Randomly.
I have this too:
Transcend 32GB MicroSDHC Class10
Will have to try it.

"32Gb Class 10 microsd formatted inside dashcam." > Will try this too, on the 32gb one.

Thank you for your advice.

No problem. Get back with results after.

No luck!.

I see now that the camera does not hold the time/date , it keeps going back to 2014 year... and the 1st and last video file are corrupted and can not be played within 32gb or 64gb cards.
I have a card 32gb sony, i may try with that one.

Can some one explain this if i do it right:

So i go in my truck and i plug the power in the cam and then i start my truck the camera turns on and starts recording! Now, if i turn truck off is that okay? as i see camera turns off also! Or if i unplug the power cable from the 12v plug and camera shuts down,is that okay too? Normally the capacitor built in should allow those 10 seconds to close and end the video recording so the file don't get corrupted!

Am i right the way it works or?...

Thanks

No luck!.

I see now that the camera does not hold the time/date , it keeps going back to 2014 year... and the 1st and last video file are corrupted and can not be played within 32gb or 64gb cards.
I have a card 32gb sony, i may try with that one.

Can some one explain this if i do it right:

So i go in my truck and i plug the power in the cam and then i start my truck the camera turns on and starts recording! Now, if i turn truck off is that okay? as i see camera turns off also! Or if i unplug the power cable from the 12v plug and camera shuts down,is that okay too? Normally the capacitor built in should allow those 10 seconds to close and end the video recording so the file don't get corrupted!

Am i right the way it works or?...

Thanks

After you unplug power, it should power off within 1 sec.
It looks like your have faulty supercaps which are not holding charge.

So that 1 sec. should close the video recording session so the file can be okay to play.
I can check the caps as i have capacitor tester but just don't want to open it and void the warranty.
I have contacted them the support email that come in the manual and no reply yet,so i guess will be sending this back to get other exchange.

Thanks!

So that 1 sec. should close the video recording session so the file can be okay to play.
I can check the caps as i have capacitor tester but just don't want to open it and void the warranty.
I have contacted them the support email that come in the manual and no reply yet,so i guess will be sending this back to get other exchange.

Thanks!
Where have you bought it from ?

Edit: Ok, checked your first post, Amazon ;)

Yes, seller: blackbox, thinking to buy G1W-H or the G1W-CB , Not sure yet witch one to test out.

Yes, seller: blackbox, thinking to buy G1W-H or the G1W-CB , Not sure yet witch one to test out.

are they from same "blackbox" seller ?

Quick question.

That version number (G1WC-DA380-15051201JR) you put, is that what it says out of the box (factory default)?

There's a firmware from the 'Black Box' website (bboxcam.com) that I'm trying to flash but I'm not sure if it's actually getting flashed because I did it a couple times already and it keeps saying G1WC-DA380-15051201JR in the version number box so I'm not sure if it's actually getting flashed.

Quick question.

That version number (G1WC-DA380-15051201JR) you put, is that what it says out of the box (factory default)?

There's a firmware from the 'Black Box' website (bboxcam.com) that I'm trying to flash but I'm not sure if it's actually getting flashed because I did it a couple times already and it keeps saying G1WC-DA380-15051201JR in the version number box so I'm not sure if it's actually getting flashed.
Not sure about the version numbers as i sent that G1W-C model number back to the seller and got the G1W-H from him and is working fine without any problems.
From what i remember i did flash with the new firmware and it did change the numbers... maybe yours is defective too.

Not sure about the version numbers as i sent that G1W-C model number back to the seller and got the G1W-H from him and is working fine without any problems.
From what i remember i did flash with the new firmware and it did change the numbers... maybe yours is defective too.

It probably is defective. But I can't really be bothered to return it lol. I take it out of my car every time so manually turning it on / off isn't much of an issue. Also I originally had it shipped to my friend's college dorm room in the US so I didn't have to pay import duties/taxes :p

Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M G1WX 2
L G1WX 14
V G1WX 14
Back