G1W-C Issues

Lefty67

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello All!
I have a couple issues with my G1W-C cam. First, I can't figure out how to set the date and time. The instructions aren't the clearest in the world. Second, it has been working just fine up until this week. After about almost 2 minutes of recording, it just stops. If I hit the Rec button it starts again, but will stop before it hits two minutes. When I check the files after putting the card in the computer there's nothing there, so obviously nothing was actually recorded. I tried hitting the reset button but it just powered it off and back on. It didn't even reset the settings to the default ones. It's really puzzling me. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

seems that you have fake microsd card. try with another, faster one(class 10).

I'll try that, but what's puzzling is the fact that the same card worked fine for the first several weeks. I got what was recommended and I'm pretty sure it's a class 10. It's a PNY 16GB. It doesn't specify the speed on the card.
Any suggestions on setting the date and time? The only thing I've seen is to turn the date and time off/on, but not to set it.

I don’t have this model, so I’ll try to explain based my personal experience with the GT300W. :)

In order to set the time you need to access the TOOLS Menu option. This may be controlled by using the MENU button.
(The MENU button situated on top > right side > right button).
The MENU button cycles between Options>Tools>Screen

This selects menus when NOT recording. So the recording must be off. If the camera is recording press REC to stop recording. Also check to see the timer is not changing and the red LED is not flashing. The LED can be solid on. By the way, there are three mode menu: Video, Still, Playback. The Tools Menu is common to all three.

Firstly press the MENU button twice to enter the TOOLS Menu.
After you enter in the TOOLS Menu use the REC button to select Date/Time by pressing down the REC button.
Secondly Press REC button to cycle through Year>Hour>Minute>Second.
(The REC button: right side > top button - Starts/Stops recording and also acts as “Enter” for TOOLS Menu)
Use the UP or DOWN long click to cycle through Month>Day>Year.
Thirdly set the desired values by pressing the UP / DOWN buttons.
Once values are set, press the REC button again.
Finally need to press REC button to return to the main Menu.
Press MENU button to exit.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Xybone G1WX 2
Xybone G1WX 5
T G1WX 4
J G1WX 19
M G1WX 6
Back