G1W capacitor freezing on startup - is there a solution?

semo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Camera stays on welcome screen if it is too cold. The screen saver activates after 3 minutes which is how I have set it up, so it is not completely dead. This happens first thing in the morning as I leave it in the car. It seems it needs to be at least 5°C so have to unplug it and drive for about 5 mins before it will start working.

Anyone else having the same issue?

yup, same thing happens to me. I just manually turn if off then back on and it starts up fine.

It works for me sometimes as well but when it is colder I have to wait for a while before the restart works

I have the G1W-C (capacitor model) and my car is parked outside all winter.
I've had temps as low as -14C and no problems of any description.
Is it possible your dash cam keeps recording after you have left the car and the battery gets run down?

I have the G1W-C (capacitor model) and my car is parked outside all winter.
I've had temps as low as -14C and no problems of any description.
Is it possible your dash cam keeps recording after you have left the car and the battery gets run down?
Lucky you! Do you happen to remember what colour box your camera came in? I've wired my camera to come on only with the ignition key in.

I still have the blue box.
It says:
Blueskysea
High Definition Driving Recorder
I plug and unplug my dash cam because the accessory plug is always live whether the key is in the car or not.
Here is my Settings:
RESOLUTION – 1080FHD
LOOP RECORDING – ON, selected 5 minute segments.
WDR – ON
EXPOSURE - +0.0, you can make other selections for lighter or darker video.
MOTION DETECTION – Selected OFF
RECORD AUDIO – ON
DATE STAMP – ON
G SENSOR – Selected OFF
DATE/TIME – Entered proper date and time.
BEEP SOUND – ON
LANGUAGE – ENGLISH
TV MODE – NTSC
FREQUENCY – 50Hz
SCREEN SAVER – Selected 3 Minutes
LED – Selected OFF
FORMAT – Once a month now.
DEFAULT SETTINGS
VERSION – 2013 1112.18

Thanks. My camera has the same settings and firmware (2 minute loop recording though) but it came in an orange box. Don't know if that's a coincidence...

Back