G1W Motion Detection

Conceited

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone know how the motion detection works? Does it stop recording if it doesn't detect any motion after a certain amount of time and then start recording after it detects motion again? The manual isn't any help.

Here's the device I'm talking about: http://dashcamtalk.com/g1w/

Thank you.

Does anyone know how the motion detection works?
Another member had been trying to use the motion detection on this model and it seems there is a possible firmware bug that keeps it from working correctly only recording a short amount of footage when it should be at least one min. i believe.

As i am sure you know the way motion detection is supposed to work is that the camera sees something happen it starts recording as long as you leave it on, but in actual practice most times by the time the camera starts recording the car that caused motion is halfway or almost out of the shot way to far away to get a plate reading if someone had hit you.

The only way motion detection really does a good job is if a car would back into your car and hesitate for a moment giving the camera enough time to record something worth while or if someone caused damage to your car and stuck around for a moment.

I always recommend leaving motion detection off, and letting the camera loop record as much as possible that way you are positive you don't miss something that the motion detection feature might not catch

Back