G1W Novatek 96650 WDR F1.6 H.264 MOV 15Mbps GPS Dash Cam DVR

Fregis... the first car with all that dirt on the back, I initially thought it was video corruption till you got closer haha.

here is a new night video from last night which shows the progression from light to no light. I still get this fuzz or grainy look which I think is in all the current model with the date stamp on the left. Just not as clear on you tube. Can anyone pick it out?

Hello all !
I just ordered my G1W yesterday from estore. I hope it comes with the new firmware since it solves some issues. Other than that I find this dashcam to be very good for it's price. Maybe the mount it's a little bit tricky but that's all I can find as a negative. I will post back with pictures when I will receive it.

maybe someone know how open g1w case/cover?

p.s. sound dont compare

Last edited:
Use a hard card like a credit card and insert it into the join and slide it all the way around. It will pop open. You may have to use something else to open enough gap to slide the card in. It was suggest that i sand one edge sharper so i don't need to use something else to open it slightly for the card.

Regards
Duke

Use a hard card like a credit card and insert it into the join and slide it all the way around. It will pop open. You may have to use something else to open enough gap to slide the card in. It was suggest that i sand one edge sharper so i don't need to use something else to open it slightly for the card.

Regards
Duke

Just to add:
Sharpen with sand paper a corner of plastic card ( credit card type ) and push between casing joints but AVOID thin casing places like near memory card slot or mini-usb port.

china assembler fail lens screw, need repair.
Also try readjust lens correction - want check orginal focus . Try without removing glue, so allow can turn only 1/10. In photo what i got: wall about 10m away; second wall 20m; numbers about 6 m.
removed glue ant try adjust: older version turn 1/10 - make better, newer version dont need turn (almost ideal). Notice - if want rejust, dont need remove glue, enough ajustment.
Notice newer version have diferent lens (F) than older. but newer version top lens are flat, older have bent.

Attachments

• auksine 2 - Copy.jpg
    auksine 2 - Copy.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
If you are not using loop what happens when space runs out?

It will keep creating 10 mins files till fill up the card. I think we thought you meant looping option by itself once the card is full.

Regards
Duke

Yeap and assuming it creates a file of unset time limit for each event

Regards
Duke

and then record stops?

What happens on a blank 32 gig card with no loop set?
Duke beat me to it.

Also I recommend recording in 3 min sections for the G1W. Some members have had issues with other recording lengths, and even if this has been fixed when you lock a file on the G1W it locks the entire lengith file. So recording in smaller segments makes it easier to archive footage if you wish to do so.

With no loop the card just fills up and stops recording, there will still be breaks though due to the 4gb limitations of the file system

The other obvious breaks are when it creates new filename from starting car each time.

Regards
Duke

Second thing, forgot mention, buy from estore G1W, i asked for never version camera, got s1088 (black) board (like G1WH) http://images19.fotki.com/v1612/photos/1/1313721/8097125/auksine2CopyCopy2-vi.jpg
Also notice have different wide lens vs h200 board - like g1wh- wider angel
So i think is g1wh in g1w case

Also found info other g1w boards:
"Warning are now known four species boards BP-not all firmware compatible with each other!
1 board, native firmware versions: YS13032601, YS13061901, YS13070301, 130042401,13042701,2013.0718.01. LATEST VERSION-20130703.V0.03.D07.

attachment.php

board 2, native firmware 2013.05237.01.

attachment.php

bord 3, S1088_M_Ver1.0, native firmware: 2013.0925.01, 2013.1017

attachment.php

board 4 (firmware compatible with plate 1), native firmware:

attachment.php

more information: http://3ppc.net/forum/showthread.php?p=528100

Last edited:
Good Evening-

I would like to purchase one of these to compliment another cam, but I haven't been able to determine if it has an automatic start/stop when the car powers on. I would be mounting it in the rear of the vehicle so pressing buttons is right out.

Thanks kindly-

Jason

Back